Turkey egg candling day 4

ColbyNTX
My hands are always clean and I am extremely gentle when touching my eggs. I also dont have them out very long.

mommyofthreewithchicks
That is soo exciting I hope you update us with your Journey. I would love to hear all about it as you go along.

As for our eggs, we still have 3 under the broody hen (chicken) and she is definitely broody. She is on them all the time. We also have added 1 egg to a homemade incubator my husband has tried to put together. I am alittle skeptical about it but he is really excited about his little incubator.

We decided to candle on saturdays, this saturday will be day 11. Hoping to see something but not sure if we will.

We have removed the white light from the turkey coop so now both coops just have red lights. Dont know if that will make a difference.

Also the hen (turkey) freaked out when we took all the rotten eggs. She tore her whole coop up and even tore up her beak a little looking for them. We ended up putting 3 fake eggs in there for her and now she is content. We were a little worried for a minute.

I could never hatch all the eggs at the rate she is laying them.

I can't wait to hear about your experience, keep me posted.

Last edited:
On the 11th day you should see developement if they are good. If you can't see anything by day 14, throw them out! When they rot and pop
ep.gif
!!!!!! Oh wait, you already smelled that!
lau.gif

Last edited:
I can't see anything from your pics. They look real grainy in the pic. I always candle my turkey eggs from the pointy end with my cool-lite.From there I can see the air sac and viens really good.

I definitely will try it the pointy side down. I will post pics later but it is day 17. I should definitely see actual movement right? Or is it so far into it that I will only see dark? I am thinking if i dont see movement than I should toss them at this point, correct? I am going to post pics and wait for you guys to tell me if I should toss, because I am clueless lol

* Oh man...my husband just collected the chicken eggs and 1 of the turkey eggs had been kicked out and crushed....we opened it and no turkey :)

Could the eggs not be fertile? They mate all the time :/

Well I candled a second time and the first six are clear. Lock down for the chicken eggs is Sat night so I am throwing them out then. I collected another 10 and put them in the incubator and am
fl.gif

Can you see any veins? I know on the chicken eggs I am looking for the veins. Did you do the smell test? At least yours have something in them.... Although I would think the air sac should be at the top, hmmm. I wouldn't throw just yet. Smell look around the edges of the dark and try candling near the top (at least I have done this with chicken and duck eggs).

Back
Top Bottom