Turkey egg candling day 4

can anyone post pictures of candling turkkey and or peafowl eggs at day 25 just so i can compare the progress of my eggs? this is my first year hatching anything ever i've only bought chicks before

I know it has become so addicting to me, I have 9 turkey eggs that are at different stages not sure how that is going to work out but trying my best to figure it out... I have one egg that I can see it moving all over the egg it is about the size of a quarter I am not messing with it anymore because I don't know what day it is on does anybody know? I lost a couple eggs due to them not being fertile and rotted. This is my first time hatching also like a kid in the candy store!!!! So excited...

Saying at different stages of development. Does that mean you set eggs everyday?

You can hold turkey eggs up to ten days before you place in incubator.

Unless the hen was setting on them fairly steady the eggs will usually stay dormant until she stays on them. That way the should pretty much hatch at same time.

I agree that hatching and candling is addictive.

Right now I have 17 hens. 7 toms. Close to 50 eggs in incubators. And :fingerscrossed. My first hen that is broody today.

As far as staggered hatching I would probably keep humidity at 35 to 45 percent until first pip then raise it to 75.

Good luck on your hatch.

Saying at different stages of development. Does that mean you set eggs everyday?

You can hold turkey eggs up to ten days before you place in incubator.

Unless the hen was setting on them fairly steady the eggs will usually stay dormant until she stays on them. That way the should pretty much hatch at same time.

I agree that hatching and candling is addictive.

Right now I have 17 hens. 7 toms. Close to 50 eggs in incubators. And :fingerscrossed. My first hen that is broody today.

As far as staggered hatching I would probably keep humidity at 35 to 45 percent until first pip then raise it to 75.

Good luck on your hatch.
I did set them everyday. I was surprise by them laying eggs so soon and caught off guard and for sure not educated enough.. There is one that is like a 13 or 14 day old one it is the only one that is as advanced in the growing stage than any other. The others are growing but here in a couple of days I am not going to be messing with the most advanced one scared I might harm it but it has great veins showing and is just swimming around in there, great air sac but all of them look healthy though...

Hi everyone, I know this is an old thread but I an hoping that someone here will reply me. I have 6 turkey eggs and 6 duck eggs in my homemade kerosene incubator. I candled the duck eggs today and 4 seem to be developing. I used my torchlight and wore latex gloves. Because of cold spots, I gently rotate the position of the eggs every 2 days to compensate for it. Is this alright?

Back
Top Bottom