Turkey Lockdown! HELP!

So I should start to feed them all flock food and her oyster shell, and some nutrients in her water.
It definitely can be your flock especially if they are too closely related. Lots of backyard breeders are hatching eggs from turkeys that should not be chosen as breeders and from turkeys that are too closely related.
They aren't related at all.

My turkey feed is 20%, it's a gamebird grower complete feed. It's higher protein than most chicken feed, which is 16-18%. I give them mealworms a couple times a week. I have around 99% hatch rate on fertile eggs.😁

My turkey feed is 20%, it's a gamebird grower complete feed. It's higher protein than most chicken feed, which is 16-18%. I give them mealworms a couple times a week. I have around 99% hatch rate on fertile eggs.😁
I feed 20% protein all flock with oyster shell on the side. I would pay more attention to the lysine, methionine and niacin levels than I would to the protein percentage.

I do not feed treats to any of my poultry.

Be careful feeding mealworms to turkeys. Adult turkeys cannot handle as high of protein levels that chickens can.

Back
Top Bottom