Turkey poult with TWO vents

Aug 18, 2021
Ok, so a blue eyed chick and now a turkey poult with TWO vents.
One vent to the right and one vent to the left of his tail stub.
We got him to "fix" from the local stores where they don't like to dispatch the babies.
This one was presumed prolapsed, but after removing the huge poop paste on its rump, we found it has two vents.
No prolapse, but it poops out of the right side and left side on each side of it's tail!
Not underneath - but directly to each side of the trail on a straight horizontal line.
He seems great otherwise.
Attaching pics. It's not a happy baby right now so only the right vent.
I'll try to post the left one tomorrow. It's very stressful to soak him.
Flipping him around struggling to get the other vent photographed is stressing him.

Attachments

• IMG_20220424_194123.jpg
    IMG_20220424_194123.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 55
Having 2 vents in chickens is fairly common, so I assume it happens in turkey poults. There are some older threads about those chicks with 2 vents. Many grew into adulthood and even laid eggs. Some laid out of one vent, and passed droppings out of the other. I will look for a few threads to post here. Can you post a pic of the 2 vents at some point?

Having 2 vents in chickens is fairly common, so I assume it happens in turkey poults. There are some older threads about those chicks with 2 vents. Many grew into adulthood and even laid eggs. Some laid out of one vent, and passed droppings out of the other. I will look for a few threads to post here. Can you post a pic of the 2 vents at some point?
That's very interesting, never heard nor experienced. Thank you for sharing any info ... Yes, waiting to see the pic of the two vents.

You seem to have a knack for picking the odd ones. Do you have a pick of the blue eyed chick?
I do. It's on another thread because I'm terrified of marek's. Here's the two pics of the eyes. Both eyes are exactly the same color and pupil shape. Tho she was getting antsy so wouldn't sit still for the left eye - it's identical. The other chicks were purchased together but aren't from the same hatch.
My crappy phone doesn't do good photos, so the color is actually a lovely vivid blue.
The pupil shape is like a heart.
Her eyes - the actual eye and eye socket size - are almost twice as large as the other days- old chicks.
IMG_20220424_155652156~2.jpg

2nd pic. Color shoes a little better but still not good. It's a light vivid blue.

Attachments

• IMG_20220424_155717641.jpg
    IMG_20220424_155717641.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 18
She’s beautiful!
Thank you! I'm obviously worried about disease threatening these last 8 in the brooder. She is lovely, but this is undeniably odd.

It's my first set of Easter eggers, because I'm a dedicated heritage breed lover, but I've always been very taken with the americaunas as well as quickly becoming enchanted with these EEs.

I had 4 americaunas babies last year, bought as straight run from TSC. Naturally all 4 were roos so were rehomed.

Hoping for hens this year from my first 4 purchased americaunas and then found tsc had Americauna pullets later so got two more!

What dazzles me is the plumage. How quickly they grow and you never know what they'll look like when done!
Too much fun!

Back
Top Bottom