Turkey with owie on beak

LarryPQ

Easter Hatch!!
10 Years
Jul 17, 2009
Hello my peeps!

I noticed this weekend Sir Fluffs A Lot had a whitish bump on his bottom beak.

Today said bump looked quite a bit bigger---and it almost looks like his palet is a little swollen. I haven't stuck my hand in there to check.
wink.png

36979_img_4411.jpg

Any thoughts?

It rained last week, which is AZ means all the evil spiny weeds are in race to go to seed. Maybe he ate something poke-y and he has an infection?

Maybe you should either lance the external 'pimple' and drain it, or stick your hand down his throat and see if something stabs your hand.

I vote for sticking your hand down his throat, while someone video tapes the adventure for you-tube.
In the interest of science, of course...

And because draining and giving meds is meaningless if theres a sticker in his gullet.

Quote:
I know, you hold him, I will poke him.

Just stand riiiiight there, by the big waterer.

Quote:
I have yet to see a tick at this house, coming up on 6 years. Mosquitos, yes. Ticks....not so much.

Quote:
I know, you hold him, I will poke him.

Just stand riiiiight there, by the big waterer.

I would but my arms aren't that long.
And my spring break plans to travel to AZ got canned on account of $
sad.png

Quote:
I have yet to see a tick at this house, coming up on 6 years. Mosquitos, yes. Ticks....not so much.

Having been to AZ, and having had a cholla jump out and GRAB ME as I walked by, I am voting sticker.

Does he shake his head and act like anything is bothering him?
Or are turkeys too stupid to notice?

He's not acting like there is anything wrong. I just noticed the owie.

No cacti in the yard, at all. We do get those tumble weed devil-thorns: they look like pitchforks with a long middle tine. All the scars on my feet are from them, and I imagine if he ate one on accident, and the time broke off in his palate, it would swell until he was able to break it down.

Back
Top Bottom