Turkey with swollen face

I do have tylan 50 inject. I know 200 would be better but store was out of that dosage. I know he needs 4ml a day and I know that is to much to give at one time for injection. Is 2ml twice a day sufficient or is 2ml still to much to do at one time? I have to get his weight to verify but I would say he has to be at least15-18 lbs. He is not light to pick up that is for sure
@casportpony

Show a full photo. The images you have shown look like there are some white feathers which Blue Slates do not have but Mottled turkeys do have.

I have raised top quality Blue Slates for many years and am aware that not all "hatcheries" are ethical. I know of hatcheries that sell Self Blues aka Lavender as Blue Slates.
As soon as I get back home I will do that. I'm not going to be happy if the hatchery screwed me over. I did think it was odd the chicks came as grey and some were more yellow. This guy was one of the yellow ones. When I asked at the time I was told chick colors can vary but it was a Blue Slate ☹️

It is possible that there isn't any white on it but I can't tell from the current pics. Your description of it's poult color sounds like a Self Blue aka Lavender.

Blue Slates don't breed true. If you have a Lavender and breed him to a Blue Slate hen, you will get 50% Blue Slate and 50% Self Blues. You will eliminate the black offspring using this method.

It is possible that there isn't any white on it but I can't tell from the current pics. Your description of it's poult color sounds like a Self Blue aka Lavender.

Blue Slates don't breed true. If you have a Lavender and breed him to a Blue Slate hen, you will get 50% Blue Slate and 50% Self Blues. You will eliminate the black offspring using this method.
Ok. Here are our 3 turkeys. Sick one is the only one with no black spots. All feathers are grey some are darker and wings and back are lighter grey

Attachments

• 20221008_180421.jpg
    20221008_180421.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221008_180418.jpg
    20221008_180418.jpg
    760.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221008_180337.jpg
    20221008_180337.jpg
    725.5 KB · Views: 5
Ok. Here are our 3 turkeys. Sick one is the only one with no black spots. All feathers are grey some are darker and wings and back are lighter grey
No black spots/splotches = not a Blue Slate.

The turkey in the middle does look like it has some white feathers. It may be due to the poor quality of the photo. If it has white feathers it is a Mottled Slate. If it does not have any white feathers and it does not have any black markings, it is likely a Self Blue aka Lavender.

No black spots/splotches = not a Blue Slate.

The turkey in the middle does look like it has some white feathers. It may be due to the poor quality of the photo. If it has white feathers it is a Mottled Slate. If it does not have any white feathers and it does not have any black markings, it is likely a Self Blue aka Lavender.
Good to know. No white feathers but Def no black spots so I guess he's the Lavender one. Highly dissapointed.

Back
Top Bottom