Turkeys ostracizing others

Jilissa

In the Brooder
Jan 21, 2020
Hello and good day.
We have three adult females two of whom are small and more juvenile, but i believe fully grown, perhaps a year old..and one of whom has a hurt leg that was healed broken, when we got them. The others, including the 13 babies have begun to chase off the two young females. The one who had two functioning legs, has also begun to limp slightly, with a small cut on one foot, which I've been treating and seems will heal fine.
What to do?
I'm not one to cull weak birds, unless they are terminally I'll, to end prolonged suffering.
I'm

M
Hello and good day.
We have three adult females two of whom are small and more juvenile, but i believe fully grown, perhaps a year old..and one of whom has a hurt leg that was healed broken, when we got them. The others, including the 13 babies have begun to chase off the two young females. The one who had two functioning legs, has also begun to limp slightly, with a small cut on one foot, which I've been treating and seems will heal fine.
What to do?
I'm not one to cull weak birds, unless they are terminally I'll, to end prolonged suffering.
I'm
y phone dictionary, somehow doesn't recognize the word ill.

Where are you located. Here with approaching spring birds hormones are surging, and everyone is trying to work out the pecking order amongst themselves. Turkeys can be relentless when doing this. I'm not sure you can do anything unless you want to start separating out birds. I just let mine all work it out.

Also, how much space do you have?
Dimensions and pics would help immensely here.

Where are you located.
Here's how to add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1584805856788.png

Back
Top Bottom