Turning a garden shed into a duck house (I did it - I cut it up)

Ducks can play with a LOT of water so I empty it once a week or it gets too heavy for me to carry it by my self and then itsloshes
sickbyc.gif

I actually clean this more then I clean the bedding!
wink.png

way cool.... so want some ducks too, but got to get this chicken thing mastered first I think. Love your coop and run! Little quack quacks are adorable!

Quote:
I bet you do, My ducks will swim in their buckets given half a chance. Their funny! I have never been able to have water inside the duck house because they are so messy but seeing your set up gives me hope to be able to.

Great job! I remember when you first posted the shed too.

Just you wait till those ducks get a little bigger and poop a little more, you'll clean the water tub less than the bedding. Course I'm temporarily up to 14 ducks now. Darn duck math... thought it only happened with chickens. Will be back down to 8 next week when a friend comes to take his.

Quote:
Hey - what you trying to do, Jinx me?
lol.png

I am hoping once the weather cools off for good I can stop putting water in the house at night all together!
wink.png

Winter will be a different story
ep.gif
I still have to get figued out what I am doing with water then....
hmm.png

Quote:
Hey - what you trying to do, Jinx me?
lol.png

I am hoping once the weather cools off for good I can stop putting water in the house at night all together!
wink.png

Winter will be a different story
ep.gif
I still have to get figued out what I am doing with water then....
hmm.png

For winter I bought heated buckets for ducks and goose and heated dog bowls for the chickens.

I love how you say "we" when it looks like the DH is doing all the work.
gig.gif

You are fortunate in so many ways. Happy ducks!
yippiechickie.gif

(I am marking this post to figure out how to do attractive windows and doors.)

I love the water table... that and someone else had a poop bucket under their hens' roosts... should make it much easier to keep things clean. Thanks for all the fabulous ideas!

PS: I'm envious of your shed...

How did you make the floor? Is it waterproof? Is it easy to clean? Did you need a run for the ducks or did you let them free range? Thanks
jumpy.gif
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom