Turning Powder into Chicken? Time Magazine

Quote:
lol.png

Yer killin me
lau.gif

OK what makes me a little irritated is when people make comments such as "no thanks, I'll take my real meat any day" and "Ewww!" etc...etc...I've been a Vegetarian all my life so this is not new to me.
hmm.png
I've eaten a lot of fake meat products and most all of them, if cooked right, are delicious. Maybe you should give them a try before saying "ew that's gross!" because I think that if you haven't tried it, don't criticize it so negatively.
hmm.png
Just sayin'.

And I don't think you eat it when it's powdery like that...It can be made into food textures and substances that both taste and look like real chicken. Now I would rather eat that than buy real commercial meat products, which in return support the atrocious methods and conditions used at meat factory farms.

Quote:
lol.png

Yer killin me
lau.gif

Me too!
gig.gif

I don't eat chicken anyway, so I'll pass on the powder.

Quote:
I was veggie for a long time--so I understand where you are coming from. But what bugs me about this is they are attempting to take something that is FINE in the original state (soy beans), turning it into something unpalpatable (powder), and then trying to re-constitute & HIDE the processing it by making it seem edible. We have tofu twice a week at our house. Why do we need chicken powder?
tongue.gif

It is like baby carrots: while there are minature types of "fingerling" carrots out there--most "baby carrots" are really rotten or unattractive carrots. So they cut/peel, and package them to make more money. Perhaps the intention is good (reduce waste/increase vegatable consumption) but I wonder if it is really about the $$.

SCARY things grow in a LABORATORY?!?! Fake bacon, fake boobs, now fake chicken....I'll stick to growing it all myself thank you very much!
lau.gif

Quote:
No need getting irritated, it is a personal choice!
I was a vegetarian for a number of years, and never did I have to make food from a powder! Sooo, Ewwww, and no thanks....there are so many ways to make great meat substitutes without the use of an overly processed powder, that is just gross.

I spent a week up at Best Friends Animal Sactuary in Kanab, UT doing a project and they are heavily vegetarian. Carnivore** that I am, I thought I'd lose weight.... Not so! Fabulous cuisine. They had this stuff in stir-fry and, I have to admit, it was pretty decent. The taste was good and the texture was *almost* chicken.

(**Some folks may think it hypocritical that a BBQ queen would go work in an animal sanctuary. Nahh. I am a firm believer that every animal has a destiny -- and, yes, some are to our dining tables -- and that the right thing is that they attain their purpose in a cruelty free manner. Best Friends is a place for abused animals. No chickens there, though. Ducks, geese, parrots, rabbits, dogs, cats, PB pigs, horses and goats being rehabilitated before being rehomed.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom