Turning shed into coop

Parkerscoop

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 8, 2014
Middle Grove , NY
Hi all,
I'm new to the site and to raising chicken. My wife and I now have 11 baby Pullets and I want to convert our old shed into a coop. I threw together a quick drawing of when I am thinking of doing. I will add the photo to this post and would like any ideas or info I can get if y'all think I need to make any changes !
I truly appreciate any and all info !

Thanks,
Jim

So I decided to go a different route with our chicken coop / shed conversion !
After inspection of the old shed I decided it would need some extra help to make it worthy of using.
So I decided to just start from scratch !
I found a nice design I liked and made it a bit larger to accommodate additions to our flock.
It's not finished as of yet but I wanted to share what I've done so far. Let me know what you think :)

we converted an old shed into a coop and it worked out great. we build the whole set up with recycled products...

This maybe helpful...I installed the roosting branches at 45* angles in one corner at different heights and different lengths with a poop board under to make the clean out easier. I would not how're recommend installing them above your nests boxes as diagramed because I wouldn't want the poo on top of the nests.

Actually they aren't above the nests. They are on the left and right sides of the nests. I do like the idea of putting a poop board under the roosting branches though.
Love the recycled idea too ! I'm a bargain shopper sooo. Lol

Back
Top Bottom