tv and children*rant*

chickenbottom

Songster
11 Years
Dec 30, 2008
hollister, florida
tv is a part of our lives it influences us in all different ways. now adays the things on tv are all wrong not right for children. my young siblings watch atleast 10 hours of tv a day. it makes me mad because its not good for them to sit in front of that box doing nothing productive. i have spoken to my mother about it and she doesnt seem to care. her response is it keeps them quiet so leave them alone. i live alone now and i find myself watching tv maybe 5-10 hours a week if that. my mother she watches atleast 15 hours a day ITS CRAZY. i know i should mind my own business but it truly bothers me. go outside any play anything but the tv. anyone feel the same way or the opposite? its just getting to me about all these tv things my brother 6 years old said to me can you call me later im watching tv and i dont want to miss it. are you serious i call maybe once every two or three weeks cause im working and you still want to watch tv. i almost want things to turn into seven brides for seven brothers (great movie by the way lol) no tv always outside even in the cold. life is bigger than the television. anyways thanks for listening to me rant.

I agree. The best thing we ever did was say no to cable. Now we watch country tv ( that's sitting on the porch watching the chickens and turkeys play)

I totally agree, My kids are very limited to TV, I have friends and relatives that don't understand. Not only is it limited, but it is also monitored ~ very picky about what goes in thier innocent little minds. Many Many crimes and so forth could have been avoided had parents played games, went for walks, or even read books (provided they are decent books) with thier children. You put so much violence and disrespect into kids, from cartoons and so forth and then expect them to have manners and share!! Thankful my kids would rather read a book, play soccer or make cookies than watch tv constantly.

Just my 2cents worth!!

My siblings always try and watch TV, my parents ask them to do something and they are ignored. Eventually they just give up because nobody will listen. Its drives me crazy!

Quote:
ooh, I LOVE Discovery and the History channel! The only things I ever watch!

Personally, I search for Criminal Minds, NCIS, Without a Trace and House on the cable channels. But Ken and I love to watch the History Channel shows about the bible and point out where they are WRONG!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom