Twin silkie embryos! Help!

So far so good! I decided to candle the eggs one last time yesterday (day 17 maybe) and the egg with potential twins just looked like a large, black mass. I really couldn't make out any features but it was definitely moving and the air cell looked great. The other egg with the singleton was similar but definitely not as "full" looking (this egg is a day behind). Fingers crossed!

Thanks! No news or noise yet! I have a camera set up (Nest Cam) that streams to my phone so I can check on her progress - it even sends me motion alerts so I can tune in if something is happening. I had to turn off the notifications last night though so I could get some sleep (just too exciting!) From looking at the video history this morning it seems like she still rearranges the eggs about every 2 hours and one time I saw her lightly peck twice on an egg like she was knocking! I'm assuming this is normal behavior and she knows what she's doing?

Hi everyone -

Thanks for all the help, encouragement, and kind words! The "twin" egg hatched late last night and I'm happy to say it was not twins and the baby is doing wonderfully! What an amazing experience - felt like a privilege getting to watch mama encourage baby out of the egg ❤️

Hi everyone -

Thanks for all the help, encouragement, and kind words! The "twin" egg hatched late last night and I'm happy to say it was not twins and the baby is doing wonderfully! What an amazing experience - felt like a privilege getting to watch mama encourage baby out of the egg ❤️

:ya:wee

Please post some pics when you get a chance! Congrats on the hatch!

IMG_0189.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
Second baby hatched this morning! Two little partridge silkies ❤️

Back
Top Bottom