Two Araucana Cockerels for Adoption in Northern California

Both lovely birds, but just pointing this out, they aren’t araucanas. They are Amaurucanas or EE’s.

Not EEs. Likely Ameraucana, but I'm not part of Belt's marketing campaign. I'll pass
No, they are aracaunas. The ear tufts aren’t a completely dominant gene if that makes sense. There are aracaunas without the tufts.

Araucana and Ameraucana both are tufted and multi-colored. I'd refer you to Belt, as they're the ones who are doing the breed identification. :)

We'll leave the ID for another thread. I'd just like to see them adopted.

They aren't Araucanas or Ameraucanas. Definitely EEs, and very pretty. Belt hatchery only sells mislabeled EEs:
https://www.belthatchery.com/ara.htm

I hope they find good homes.

I do love the mislabeling that goes on from hatchery to hatchery. It was of less concern to me when I was filling out my production flock for the CSA. At this point, I'm really just trying to find them good homes. They're sweet birds.

BAD BELT Hatchery! want me to beat Andrew up for you? I'm kidding. I like Belt.
fair rooster.JPG

I do love the mislabeling that goes on from hatchery to hatchery. It was of less concern to me when I was filling out my production flock for the CSA. At this point, I'm really just trying to find them good homes. They're sweet birds.
They are beautiful and I'm sure are lovely boys, thank you for trying to find them happy homes!

Back
Top Bottom