Two dead chicks miraculously resurrected!

1655ot

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 27, 2012
Dublin,Georgia
My Coop
My Coop
I have two groups of chicks. One is the 16- three week old RIR's in an enclosed brooder near the chicken yard. Other group is 11 eight week old barred rocks in screened in run.
Last couple of days I've been leaving the brooder lid open with the heat lamp off during these 90* days while I'm at work.
Just this morning I got nervous about leaving the RIR's with the lid open(I live next to racoon and possum infested woods) so I transferred the BR's to the vacant chicken yard and put the RIR's in the screened in run thinking they would be safer and not get too hot.
Well it's so dry here I've been praying for some rain and today my prayers were answered!
But, it rained so much that the RIR's got drenched and cold and they all piled up in one side of the run. When I got home from work two of them were at the bottom of the pile,lifeless and with eyes closed. I immediately put all 16 back in the brooder under the heat lamp. I picked up the two "dead" chicks, dried them off with a towel and put them under the edge of the heat lamp.
I then left home to attend a revival service at a local church. When I returned home I checked on the chicks and lo and behold no dead chicks! All were up running around chasing bugs inside the brooder. Ain't God good!

You were given a second chance, don't mess it up
old.gif

But seriously, they do this to us sometimes. I picked up a "dead" newly hatched chick in the chick run one day and it suddenly moved. I put it under the headlamp and it recovered. Amazing!

Back
Top Bottom