Two dead chicks with no injuries

Once I defeat this disease... are the remaining chicks going to forever be carriers? Three of the chicks do not belong to me and I don't want my friend to have to go through this with her chickens. I also want to know if I will have to treat every bird I ever raise or receive for coccidious?

Once I defeat this disease... are the remaining chicks going to forever be carriers? Three of the chicks do not belong to me and I don't want my friend to have to go through this with her chickens. I also want to know if I will have to treat every bird I ever raise or receive for coccidious?
Once you treat them once...for a full treatment...they should be good to go.

Unless they are ever introduced to a new to them strain of coccidia. There are 7 or so strains.

The three that you're giving to your friend...she may have a different strain on her land so she may need to treat them again. A big may.
For you all future birds brought to your place should probably be treated immediately just in case.

Coccidia is every where. Always.

Indeed it is. How often should I clean out the chick coop during treatment? I don't want blood everywhere.
If it were me I would clean it everyday.

I'm not a fan of poop in general so I keep my brooders cleaned multiple times a day.

Another thing that came to mind with me is ammonia toxicity. Lots of poop build up with 3 weeks worth of poop in there. You may not have smelled it but they are closer to the ground where it comes from. Should clean it at least once a week IMO

Another thing that came to mind with me is ammonia toxicity. Lots of poop build up with 3 weeks worth of poop in there. You may not have smelled it but they are closer to the ground where it comes from. Should clean it at least once a week IMO
I believe that that was a factor in the infection of coccidious. The ammonia weakened their immune systems. I am reading about the vaccine and it looks like they should have never been affected by the coccidious. I am still going to treat them even if it cancels out the vaccine.

I believe that that was a factor in the infection of coccidious. The ammonia weakened their immune systems. I am reading about the vaccine and it looks like they should have never been affected by the coccidious. I am still going to treat them even if it cancels out the vaccine.
Where did you order them from?

Update:
Went outside to to check in on them. Everyone was alive. Many of the chicks are acting lethargic now. I do believe that they have been drinking the water, but not as much as they should.

Back
Top Bottom