Two newbies to the flock....

Mikanik

Songster
8 Years
Apr 2, 2011
Oy! Haven't been on for a year or so! We've been raising our two ducks from last year and love them completely. We get a hair up our butt and look what we come home with....two Khakis! Time to go back and remember all the baby care education from before!! :)

They are for sure! They're living in our tub at the moment. I was worried about them not eating over night, but we found a trick....we *have* to be in there with them and talk sweetly and as soon as we do they calm right down, start eating and drinking and "preening" themselves. Our last two didn't seem so dependent on us, but I don't mind it in the least! :)

I also didn't know khakis could look so different (they were both sold as khakis...just one was crested), but the color difference is really weird! Love them all the same though!

I noticed something JUST today!! I guess all the excitement of new ducklings made me a bit unobservant. The "crested" duckling, besides the lighter coloration, has an more pink/orange webbing on it's feet! ????? The darker is dark all around. Hmmmm.......I know I should have been more intelligent than buying from our local farm supply store, but ya know how ya just see them and can't help it?
roll.png
Is this normal for Khaki's?

I think the lighter one may well be a white khaki campbell and the darker one a traditional Khaki Campbell. But, I'm no expert - I just have both white and traditional colours.

Oh wow....I thought I did TONS of research on them. Had no idea they came in diff color variations. Here's a pic I took of their feet to compare.....Not the best lighting by any means so I apologize!

Back
Top Bottom