Two questions for gun control people

Status
Not open for further replies.
You both are right. If there wasn't any guns how would any of this happen? There are gun laws just not being enforced but now they are. BUT, media has a huge part in this. The game may be fun for someone in the right mind, but someone metally ill will not find it funny but more of .. don't know how to explain it haha
Yes I get it, if you understand what can happen and know right from wrong them it's alright but as soon as you get some one subjected to these games that don't understand what really happens then this is where the problem starts.

You both are right. If there wasn't any guns how would any of this happen? There are gun laws just not being enforced but now they are. BUT, media has a huge part in this. The game may be fun for someone in the right mind, but someone metally ill will not find it funny but more of .. don't know how to explain it haha

I agree that TV dramas and movies have played a part in violence. Kids have been conditioned to see violence as an everyday occurrence without understanding the consequences.

I don't think that any nation should have a total gun ban. They do have legitimate uses. The danger is in the detail of the law.

Q9...I will pretend that someone of your intelligence really does not know why there is (and has been) a push to ban assault rifles and give you a simple and straight forward answer.  Simply put the assault rifle that are being focused on are made and intended as weapons of war and really do not have any real use for sporting reasons or for defense.  They are primarily an offensive weapon.  No legitimate hunter can say that he or she wants to hunt with an AK 47 and be taken seriously as a hunter. Your statement that assault rifles are used less to commit crimes then other weapons is really not a legitimate argument.  Large bombs are not used very much to commit crimes so do you feel it is OK for everyone to possess them?  How about small,  portable nuclear weapons?  The focus is on certain types of assault rifles because people feel that this is the beginning point of a line of weapons that are made exclusively to wage war and to offensively kill large amounts of people in a short period of time without much effort.  To a lesser extent there is also the argument that most law enforcement does not generally equip their street officers with assault rifles and other weapons of war and when they are faced with that kind of weapon, they are outgunned.  As for the other features you mentioned they are merely features that people have associated with being parts of assault rifles.  And Ed, as for your statement, it makes about as much sense as your signature quote from that distiguished jurist and intellectual lightweight, Judge Napolitano.  Not to break your bubble, but it has no basis whatsoever in historical facts. 

As a PS...I am a gun owner, a supporter of gun rights and have a concealed weapon permit for years.
Cops use pistols because it lessens collateral damage and is a matter of convenience The cops are rarely outgunned

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

For protection against anyone who would do us harm. This includes our government.

"The militia is the natural defence of a free country against sudden foreign invasions, domestic insurrections, and domestic usurpations of power by rulers. ~ The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them. ~ There is certainly no small danger, that indifference may lead to disgust, and disgust to contempt; and thus gradually undermine all the protection intended by this clause of our national bill of rights." - Joseph Storey

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

thumbsup.gif

The real issue is what to do with the undisciplined and immoral minority that causes alll the issues.

Last edited:
If a person is bent on killing they will find a way. At this point in history a gun is the tool of choice. Before that it was a sword or a knife. Before that it was bare hands or a club. It has happened throughout history. What we really need to ask is why is it happening more often and address the core of the issue even if the resolution has to be harsh.

As I pointed out to my mother the other day...we live in the country....we have a ton of coyotes here...I would rather have an AR-15 on me than a pistol when I run into a pack of coyotes. I have said time and time again...a gun is an INANIMATE object...it takes an ANIMATE object to interact with it in order for it to work. It is NOT the gun to blame. It is the idiot behind the gun that is to blame. As for the police not having these so called assault rifles (AR-15) I happen to know several that DO own them. AND they are carried in their squad cars. So that argument is out the window.

I am shutting up now, as this issue is a hot topic with me. And if I say anymore I risk banishment by the mods...
duc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom