Two Sick Chicks-- One with Droopy Wings

eliseny

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 15, 2014
CNY
Hi,

About two weeks ago we got 14 chicks that I believe were between 1 and 2 months old. From the beginning, I noticed that one had droopy wings and was kind of quiet, and another one was also quiet and hung out by herself but did not have the droopy wings. I didn't really think much of it and thought that that must just be how they were. But now they are both acting worse and I know they must be sick. The one still has very droopy wings, and both are just very quiet and inactive and hang out by themselves hunched up often with eyes closed, and don't really want to ever leave the coop. I would love to be able to take them to the vet but there's no way my husband would let me do that because we're pretty tight financially. I did used to work at a small animal vet though, so I do have some "connections."

Any ideas what it could be and what I could do? I contacted the hatchery where I bought them from, but feel bad taking them back there because I'm sure they will die there, but I am afraid that they will die here anyway. :(

Here are pics:

Get some Amprolium/|Corid as soon as possible...with the symptoms you mention it may well be coccidiosis...add it to their drinking water for 5 days.

Good luck!

Welcome To BYC

Do you have a thread about your chicks? Photos?
Can you tell us more?
You have found a thread that is from 2014, so unlikely the OP will respond to you.
I dont have a thread but mines are looking exactly the same they have droopy wings and ruffled feathers and they dont seem to be growing as much

Back
Top Bottom