Two things I've learned NOT to do around chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by KBChicks, Jun 8, 2010.

1. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    1. Wear my painting boots...they have speckles all over them and my girls chase me around trying to peck them off.

2. Wear flip flops in the coop or run...who would of thought my toes look like worms![​IMG]

2. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    They are REALLY intrigued if your nails are painted!! [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Really, I think our chickens think we are giant toys who dispense food!

4. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

Be careful just wearing shorts [​IMG] Any tiny mark on your bare legs attracts a peck to see if it's a bug. Chickens are not good dermatologists [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  5. Mrs. Green Thumbs

Mrs. Green Thumbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Good to know, I got one too.... no shiny rings on those fingers yall... I have a BR that LOVES bling she will peck peck peck as much as possible trying to get that ring.

6. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    OMG....I forgot about my ring...when I hand feed the girls the do their best to peck it right off my finger!

Most of my garden jeans have holes in the knees...."jean strings" need to be cut off or tucked inside your pants before I go in the run...

I sure do get tired of chickens trying to eat my clothes.[​IMG]

7. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    I second the no flip-flops! Oh man, not only do your toes hurt, but there's a good chance you get poop on your foot! And if you've got nail polish on them...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
  8. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    LOL, I wear my flipflops out all the time. My older hens used to try and get them but that was last summer and my younger hens dont care,so out there I go in the world's most comfy flippies LOL!

9. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have chicks right now about 35 days old. I love to take them out in front of my chicken-ignorant friends and tell them I've trained them to do tricks. I'll put one on a notebook and draw a simple ant and say "Okay, get the ant!" and then of course the chick sees it and tries to peck at it. My friends think it's "so amazing", little do they know they'd peck at any spec like that, lol. [​IMG]

10. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Never take treats to them in a paper towel. One will finally wise up and grab the paper towel thus dispensing treats to all in its escape path.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by