Two things I've learned NOT to do around chickens

KBChicks

Songster
11 Years
Apr 21, 2010
PA
1. Wear my painting boots...they have speckles all over them and my girls chase me around trying to peck them off.

2. Wear flip flops in the coop or run...who would of thought my toes look like worms!
idunno.gif

Really, I think our chickens think we are giant toys who dispense food!

OMG....I forgot about my ring...when I hand feed the girls the do their best to peck it right off my finger!

Most of my garden jeans have holes in the knees...."jean strings" need to be cut off or tucked inside your pants before I go in the run...

I sure do get tired of chickens trying to eat my clothes.
hit.gif

I second the no flip-flops! Oh man, not only do your toes hurt, but there's a good chance you get poop on your foot! And if you've got nail polish on them...

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I wear my flipflops out all the time. My older hens used to try and get them but that was last summer and my younger hens dont care,so out there I go in the world's most comfy flippies LOL!

I have chicks right now about 35 days old. I love to take them out in front of my chicken-ignorant friends and tell them I've trained them to do tricks. I'll put one on a notebook and draw a simple ant and say "Okay, get the ant!" and then of course the chick sees it and tries to peck at it. My friends think it's "so amazing", little do they know they'd peck at any spec like that, lol.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom