Tylan 200 doses

KLP

Hatching
Jun 9, 2020
Hello all, i’ve owned my silkie chickens for two years everything was great until I started letting them free range about 8mths ago. I’ve lost a few to I’m assuming respiratory infection. A few have swollen eyes. About 6 weeks ago I tried Tylan200 Orally which worked for some but a few are showing signs so I decided to bite the bullet and just try to give them injections. My question is how much tylan 200 do I give my silkies they are very light prolly only 1-2lbs. Thank you!

I wouldn’t use Tylan 200 injections in bantams, because it can damage muscle tissue and bantams do not have large breast muscles. Oral and injectable dosage would be the same. I would give 0.1 ml orally 3 times a day for 5 days. That would be 20 mg 3 times daily. The dosage range is 5-20 mg per pound.

I wouldn’t use Tylan 200 injections in bantams, because it can damage muscle tissue and bantams do not have large breast muscles. Oral and injectable dosage would be the same. I would give 0.1 ml orally 3 times a day for 5 days. That would be 20 mg 3 times daily. The dosage range is 5-20 mg per pound.
What would you recommend for an injectable or would you just not inject bantams altogether? The problem is I don’t have five days straight off (anymore) that I can give them three doses a day. Which is why I was goin for the one dose injection. Any other advise appreciated thx! I also saw a YouTube video of someone injecting chickens on their backs between their wings, is that a better option for them?

Back
Top Bottom