U.S.P.S. DOE'S IT AGAIN! Shipping eggs

Quote:
I am so sorry for the troubles you are having and understand completely the need to vent
I too used to do the dog trains when I lived in Louisianna and Georgia
smile.png
I am in North Carolina now.
I love the idea of an egg train and would be glad to help (and get some of your EE eggs)
thumbsup.gif
woot woot all aboard lol

I once ordered some african voilets from an Ebay seller who did have a dept of ag certificate to ship which many sellers don't kinda like NPIP...my county opened them up to make sure they weren't harboring some awful pest kept them a week and didn't bother packing them up like they were originally let alone water them...they were past dead when I got them don't ya love our country protecting us and all

Man... now I wonder about ordering hatching eggs... I'm aready paranoid about the care of living creatures. About a week ago I was on my way to pick up some chickens from the next town. A semi happened to be passing through with a load of live birds (at least most were alive). Now, I knew good and well these were meat birds on their way to Tyson or something, but seriously, there was more room in my toilet than those birds had in those cages. They were so flimsy and badly constructed that several on the lower levels were so crushed I wondered if the bird was crushed too. All I could do was shake my head and continue on, knowing the birds I was picking up were going to live MUCH better lives. BTW, I don't buy ANYTHING from Tyson and the more I see of how animals like these are treated the more I want to become a vegetarian. I know that if I just stop eating meat I'm not really doing much for the animals on my own but sometimes I just look at my food and want to vomit because I know more than I want to...

Sorry got off on a rant there

ANYWAY, sorry that you all had such bad experiences with shipping eggs. When my hens go broody I might try it once or twice but one bad experience is enough to make me never do something again.

The idea of an Egg Train sounds great! Earlier tonight I saw a pair of unique roos from OR that I REALLY wanted but the owner is against shipping. It made me wish there was some sort of Chicken Express where people traveling accross states could pass the bird along until it got to me. I've read about that done with dogs, but I'm not sure how people would feel abour transporting live chickens, LOL. The egg idea might go over better.

Ahhhhhhhhhh

I feel so much better now.

Glad to have you all share your gripes and conspiracy theories with me.
lau.gif

GMTA!

I really do want to try this chicken train. Would be great to get an unusual roo and yes! Let's see if we can get you those EEs.
This could be fun if we get it right and could help a lot of us get the birds or eggs we want without having to worry about them being tossed across a room.

Should we work on it here or if you like you can pm me and we'll try and get it started.
thumbsup.gif

Hey wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You mean the rumpless ones????? I want one of those sooooo bad!

Last edited:
Hey if you guys find where the lost packages of eggs are going can you guys grab my missing box? It was shipped on May 5 th and nothing yet----Going from NC to AL--Warning do NOT open the box. No telling what it is smelling like now!!!

I just hope it is stinking up some PO some where!

if you are shipping eggs without delivery confirmation sometimes getting the delivery confirmation helps straighten things out, the problem with egg trains unless you are moving/shipping NPIP eggs you are violating 2 states laws against importing animals ( without proper health certificates ) maybe more depending on how many state you travel through, most of these laws are in place to keep peoples flocks from being decimated by outbreaks of disease. Unfortunately most folks think that an outbreak of disease can happen to everybody but them , it is a shame because most are ill prepared to deal with it when that happens . I personally believe the postal laws should be changed so the PO is forced to compete( allow others to deliver letters) that and they should stop receiving tax payer monies. I have 3-4" of foam in the trunk on my motorcycle I have driven 300 miles to deliver a few dozen eggs the PO did,nt get the chance to foul that deal up they were out of the loop BAHAHAHA . same as always
smile.png

What the heck are they doing to train their employees now? DH went to send a package Express. The woman had no idea how to do it. She had to call someone who walked her through it manually.
roll.png
I refuse to ship eggs anymore. They are really shooting themselves in the foot by giving worse and worse service while trying to stay in business, if you ask me. (sorry for the reference to "going postal" by the shooting analogy) My local town P.O. is good. The tiny one I have to go to in NC is on the chopping block anyway, but their bad business practices would close down most businesses anyway.

Well if you leave eggs for 2 weeks in a hot building they turn into BOMBS! There you go, sent thoise to the war zone, they will give up instantly:D

I bought plants from burpee. My UPS guy quickly stopped in front of my house and threw the package over the fence, never getting out of the drivers seat. Since I got ONE box and not the other, I called you UPS. She said, "At least you got your package". There was a long pause before I completely snapped.
UPS, DHS and Fedex are still under Federal guidelines for mail, call your local Postmaster.

Back
Top Bottom