Ugggh - Horrid Temperature Spike - UPDATE Baby Pics!

Quote:
Pet their fluffy little heads, I hope!

I am going to wait to see how it all shakes out before making any solid plans for them. I am hoping to end up with 4 girls, but time will tell.

Do you want me to holler to you if I end up with a plethora of chicks? I see you just about doubled your flock with new babies, so what's a few more?
big_smile.png

I more than doubled it this spring. I went to Albany to look for Polish at Coastal, but they sold out of 300? chicks in 30 minutes.
I'll have to send someone to camp out there if I want Polish this year! Or order them from the coast.

I won't say no to extra chicks.
wink.png

I just saw that they're silkies....oh man.

I have a naked neck chickie right now. We'll see how she does. I guess if I can't have a Polish, silkies would do. *sigh*

Last edited:
If you are using an accurite sometimes they glitch and show an odd number for a minute or so. I saw it with my own eyes go from 100.2 to 88 and back to 100.8. A second time it read 100.5 and jumped to 110 and back to 100.5. Both times I looked at the 2nd therm and realized the temp never changed.

good luck

Last edited:
Quote:
tongue.gif

Silkies out-cute Polish any day, pshhhh.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I am pretty sure it was right. I had 2 more thermometers in there, both of which top out at 120* and were reading at 118*.

Hopefully the fact that it was only a couple of minutes will save them. Time will tell

Quote:
It would be so hard if it happened that late in incubation. I know that it must have been wretched for you to go through.

Quote:
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

I have no retort, I bow down to your superior wit.
bow.gif

So far, of my 14 shipped eggs on day 9 : 10 are definitely developing (obvious boogieing embryos), one may have a blood ring, 1 was scrambled, 2 were clear

My 13 silkiechicken eggs on day 4: 4 have the beginning of veins, the rest may be just too early too tell yet

I am so glad that I didn't pitch these guys after the spike.

Last edited:
Of course, that's kind of like saying "I don't want poodles, they're too fru fru. I want Yorkshire Terriers instead!

I cant wait to see picks of your babies when they hatch.
I'm so glad they're still moving.

mine did the same thing , this is my first hatch it 100 when I went to do groceries when I got home it was 112 I hope they are not all dead. I have 9 Blue and Black copper Marans I bought from another BYCer in there

Back
Top Bottom