1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*Ugggh*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LittleLady98, Dec 30, 2011.

1. I'm sick...I have a VERY sore throat... WHY ME?!?!?! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    I just got over one of those. It attacked me for three stinkin weeks. Sorry, about yours; that is no fun. [​IMG]

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. [​IMG] I heard that gargling salt with some water is suppose to help sore throats. So is honey. Good luck! I hope you feel better soon! [​IMG]

4. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    im sick to with coughing, sore throat all that fun stuff

5. sunny & the 5 egg layers :

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. [​IMG] I heard that gargling salt with some water is suppose to help sore throats. So is honey. Good luck! I hope you feel better soon! [​IMG]

Two of the things I hate the most...salt water and honey...​

6. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    You could try lemon tea with ginger in it.

Hope you get feeling better. [​IMG]

7. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Chicken broth. Or Umcka. Google it, you can find more about it, it helped me get over it WAY faster. Umcka can be found at your local pharmacist.

8. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

Ibuprofen or acetametaphine. If you look at cold medicine that says it helps sore throat, the ingredient for that is some sore of pain med. Always works for me. I also like gargling. If you can't stand salt water, try gargling mouth wash. The alcohol will help kill germs. Not sure if you are congested, but I use a humidifier too. I actually have sinus issues, so I sleep with a humidifier every night. Makes a huge difference. I also like any of the Ricola throat drops. I can't stand anything menthol, and most of the Ricola drops are all natural. Hope you feel better soon.

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Onion tea,lol. Never tried it but my mom swears by it. I would rather gargle with some GSE water than onions!

Speedy healings.

10. I'm better!!!! [​IMG] It was an overnight healing!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by