Ugh, Bumblefoot…

You can change every day if you wish. With her foot being swollen some, it wouldn't be a bad idea to see how well it's healing up.
D3DD72E0-AC24-4579-997B-448CEEBCBCB4.jpeg
BFA99FD1-F7CD-4958-A482-93BA1387F3A1.jpeg

Sorry the photos kinda suck. I can try and get better ones. Wasn’t so much the blu-kote as the fact she didn’t wanna stay still. The swelling has gone down a little more but her scab keeps getting pretty dirty. Not sure how I should clean it. I’ve been spraying it with water before applying more Neosporin when changing her bandages. There is still a lot of excess padding around the scab area. I’m second guessing if I actually got it out of her or not… How long does it normally take to heal?

I would give the foot a good soak in a warm epsom salts bath.
Dry well. Apply Neosporin, then re-wrap.

I usually put a small gauze pad over the scab the Neosporin helps it stick until you start getting your wrappings on. Have your wraps ready and cut into strips. For vet wrap, I usually cut it into around 1" wide strips, it makes it easier to maneuver around toes, etc. so it stays put a little better.

I usually put a small gauze pad over the scab the Neosporin helps it stick until you start getting your wrappings on. Have your wraps ready and cut into strips. For vet wrap, I usually cut it into around 1" wide strips, it makes it easier to maneuver around toes, etc. so it stays put a little better.
I’ll soak today when I re-bandage her again. Probably isn’t helping that I’m not drying it enough before applying the gauze pad. Thank you for the tip!

Wanted to do a little update! Swelling is almost completely gone and the scab on her foot is starting to fall off :)! I’ve been changing her bandage every other day. She has more color in her comb too (don’t know if that is related). Thank you soooo much!!

Back
Top Bottom