Ugh...I'm so dissapointed and sad. New babies arrived in bad shape.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Fluffy Hens, May 31, 2019.

1. Fluffy Hens

Fluffy Hens In the Brooder

May 12, 2019
    Luckily the feed store carries Poulin 28% turkey and gamebird starter. I hope it's good. I used another brand in the past but that feed store closed down.

MROO, EggSighted4Life and R2elk like this.
  2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Songster

Apr 30, 2015
    Taxachusetts
    Very sad and unfortunate. Take photos so you can prove to them the losses. It may not have been that they got cold. If they were in a truck sitting somewhere, the interiors can now get brutally hot sitting in the sun even if it is cool outside.

3. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Got my Puppy

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I always give my new arrivals sugar water to help bring them out of their low blood sugar stupor. 1 teaspoon to a quart will help revive those who are slow and weak from lack of blood sugar.

4. danceswithronin

danceswithronin Crowing

May 24, 2018
    Alabama
    Sorry about your losses, I have heard turkey poults are very fragile in comparison to chickens for whatever reason. :(

5. Fluffy Hens

May 12, 2019
    I am at TSC they are out of nutri drench they have something called save a chick. Should I try it?

6. Fluffy Hens

May 12, 2019
    I did do this. I so far have lost one. The rest look better but not out of the woods yet I'm sure.

7. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Got my Puppy

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Are you showing them how to eat? Most won't eat unless you tap your finger at the food. I generally keep at it for a few days until I see they are eating and drinking. Poults hatch and they need to be taught, as opposed to other poultry that has the instinct to find food.

EggSighted4Life likes this.
  8. Fluffy Hens

May 12, 2019
    Yes, they are going for the food. And I have marbles and shiny aluminum pieces in the water and food.

9. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Free Ranging

It's better than nothing but the nutri drench has amino acids that those packets do not.

10. Anime2lover

Anime2lover Songster

Apr 17, 2019
    Good luck with your turkeys.

Fluffy Hens likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: