Ugh now I have a coon too

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Badlatitude, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Badlatitude

Badlatitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    CT/FL
    He heard the door unlock and split then sat there out of the edge of the light.... Suprise for him is I lowered the screen in my screen door and got my Bowtech Guardian out..... Might not be his night [​IMG] if steps back into the range of the light im going to give him a razor sharp carbon fiber present [​IMG]

Id normally trap em but all my coon size cage traps are on jobs right now or need fixing:(

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I hope you get him.

Coons are just like rabbits though, if you see one, there's usually five or six.

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe if we chant...Bad Bad Bad [​IMG] Bad Bad Bad ... it will get you [​IMG] enough to get that bugger! AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Danged Raccoons- they will do us wrong on soooo many counts. From cats, dogs, poultry of all types to our trash cans and gardens. They spread so much disease that they are just not even cute! [​IMG] So keep that screen down, pull up a chair and dooooo that good deed for you and the rest of us! Bad Bad Bad [​IMG]

4. Badlatitude

Feb 24, 2009
    CT/FL
    He didnt present himself with a shot....but I saw him again. Tonight Ill be prepaired from the get go #1 with 2 traps set baited with sardines
    #2 Bow at the ready from the get go!

Either way ... hes not going to see the end of the week from anywhere but critter heaven.

5. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Quote:Ouch! If it's a crossbow, make sure that your aim is good 'cause those bolts are pretty durn expensive!

Suzy

[​IMG]

6. dave_Cash69

dave_Cash69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    Kill that coon!

7. farmer macdonald123

farmer macdonald123 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2009
    north carolina
    243 through that coons head

8. Badlatitude

Feb 24, 2009
    CT/FL
    Bowtech Guardian is a Bow and I think I have his whole family because they havent stopped comming and I havent stopped flinging sticks at em [​IMG] Infact.. I guessing that I should be adding another notch to my belt any minute... Its like they go ona raccon web forum and give GPS co ords to all the other coons!

If i touched a .243 ( I have a 6mm rem which is close enough) But anyway. If I touched that off in the neighborhood where my 2 family house is. SWAT would show up haha.

I have gotten away with the .22 tho [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  9. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Good luck on your silent approach!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by