Uh oh... rooster?

jbethmann

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 10, 2010
Just saw another SLW post and then sitting outside heard a "hen" crowing loudly. Yikes! I cannot have roosters in my urban flock...
sad.png
will have to take it back to the Agway asap!

Can someone who knows (not me clearly!) please take a look at my "Meet the Flock" Page and see if Bella (who is about 10% larger than the rest) or Peck (who was doing the crowing) (second and third pics down) seem like roosters to you?

About 4 months +/- They all started at 3 days, but Bella looks more developed than Peck for sure...

Last edited:
I've been scanning the boards trying to get a read on whether my Peck is a she or a he... took a new picture today

50826_img_0666.jpg

here she is after a loud cackle/crowing session. Peck is very skittish and the lowest on the ladder in the flock at this point

50826_img_0662.jpg

here she is with Bella, (Peck is on the left, Bella on the right). Bella has much more comb and is larger, but not crowing...

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Peck looks like a Pullet about to start laying, Bella looks like a roo, would need to see the tail better, but judging by the white on the chest...

Thanks so much!!

Bella does have a fluffy butt...but I was worried about her too for a while, until Peck started being so LOUD!

... this is Bella last week

50826_img_0612.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom