UHHH!!!! stupid chickens are making me stress!!!! :(

americana-chick

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 18, 2008
my chickens have been getting out of there huge run lately and normally i wouldnt mind but i live by a very buisy high way and my dogs like to eat chicken.... anyways i am more concerned about the chickens getting on the high way... i even put chicken wire aound the whole pen and yet they are still finding holes in the fence????... i just looked out my windowand watched them fight there way through the fence to get outside! i am stressing because i dont want more poor little chickies to get killed! i do like having chickens run free as befor the high way was there our chickens didnt even have a pen, but after we had our first rooster get splattered on the high way we rounded up all the chickens and made a huge pen for them. if i could i would let my chickens run free as i go outside and let them out under my supervision, but i guess that isnt good enough for them. any thoughts??? thanks!
~Bri

predators have always been able to get in, we just lock up our chickens at night. and we have cattle fence around the whole pen with chicken wire around it. i found the spot where they are getting out and i fixed the fence so hopefully they stop getting out. we even have 2 rows of electric fence surrounding there pen. nothing.
sad.png

Good luck and hopefully they won't get out.
Do you put any treats in their fenced in area? I put a bale of alfalfa for them to pick and scratch at and some treats in their area. I have an electric fence around the outside of the regular fence to keep preditors out. I have gotten shocked by it unintentionally.

I've been having the same problem with my 12 week old cochins. They found a spot under the fence they could squeeze thru. Right now I have boards blocking the spot and that has kept them in. Or it could be because I caught them and yelled at them and threw them back in the yard.
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom