UHHHH....So its a bantam?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rocketdog312, Jan 2, 2010.

1. rocketdog312

rocketdog312 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2009
    Phoenix, Arizona
    [​IMG]

is the little egg in the middle a bantam egg?

the reason I'm asking is because I also keep guineas and I'm wondering whose egg it is.

thank you!

2. BlueMottie

BlueMottie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    Rock
    Given the size, I would say bantam. But I don't know enough about guineas to give an accurate answer as to weather or not it could be from one.
    When we got guinea eggs, they were inbetween the size of a bantie egg and a standard. But if your guineas are young and just began to lay, then it could very well be from them-one way to tell for sure [​IMG] Try to crack it. Those guinea eggs are the darn toughest things to open up, you can practically bounce 'em off concrete.

3. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    no, I don't think that is a guinea egg. They are a different shape, being heaps more pointy at one end.

4. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    Do you have any pulllets that are just starting to lay? They start off small like that, no larger than a bantam egg.

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    And guinea eggs are more a brown color..not green.

6. rocketdog312

rocketdog312 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2009
    Phoenix, Arizona
    alright, thank you guys. I have a bantam that is starting to lay. but my guineas have been mature for a while so I was just a little CoNfUsEd!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by