UK Member Please Say HI

I only have 5 girls left. I had 24 last year. I had a bit of a hatchoff! Most ended up being males so I had to sell them. I might get some more later this year but I want a better run for them.

I'm gutted. Today I Phoned Retford Poultry partnership as I needed a examination on a hen and a poop sample doing for another. They have closed! Must have been this week as I only spoke to them last week and they didn't day anything. Turns out the other clinics they have are in York and Nottingham. Not much good. So I've spent all day trying to find a vet that treats hens. Loads of vets but none that examine hens. No where local. I can get fecal samples done by post so that's not a problem but if I need an examination or meds I'm a bit stuffed at the minute. I guess I've been lucky having them being so close but now I can't find anywhere local. I don't think I'm the only one in this situation. Does any body know any where in the dn22 region? Much thanks

I'm gutted. Today I Phoned Retford Poultry partnership as I needed a examination on a hen and a poop sample doing for another. They have closed! Must have been this week as I only spoke to them last week and they didn't day anything. Turns out the other clinics they have are in York and Nottingham. Not much good. So I've spent all day trying to find a vet that treats hens. Loads of vets but none that examine hens. No where local. I can get fecal samples done by post so that's not a problem but if I need an examination or meds I'm a bit stuffed at the minute. I guess I've been lucky having them being so close but now I can't find anywhere local. I don't think I'm the only one in this situation. Does any body know any where in the dn22 region? Much thanks

Goodness that is a shame for you that they have closed :(

Do you get practical poultry magazine? They have a page in there most months with a list of poultry friendly vets.

Back
Top Bottom