UK Member Please Say HI

It does seem a fairly quiet thread here. There is quite a few British on BYC. It would be great if maybe we could share a bit more information here. Invariably the treatment for birds isn't that different but the availability of medication and products is. It would be nice to hear what works for you and what doesn't and any other hints and tips UK style!

It does seem a fairly quiet thread here. There is quite a few British on BYC. It would be great if maybe we could share a bit more information here. Invariably the treatment for birds isn't that different but the availability of medication and products is. It would be nice to hear what works for you and what doesn't and any other hints and tips UK style!
I wish we had more of the Uk meds such as Flubenvet etc. and other herbal stuff available here. I'm not a fan of many of the meds available in the US

I wish we had more of the Uk meds such as Flubenvet etc. and other herbal stuff available here. I'm not a fan of many of the meds available in the US
Flubenvet is pretty good. I've just given mine a course. It doesn't get tapeworm though. There's plenty of herbal stuff but I find my hens tend not to drink the water if I use it. Acv I think is great the hens love it. So I give them that 5-7 days once a month. And battles poultry tonic is good for there moult. I gave it to my rescues and seemed to be hood. They feathered up lovely and reasonably quick.

@rebrascora

Happy Birthday Barbara! Hope you have a fab day! Xxx

D833AD09-688D-4BAD-AA40-1D42F2443647.jpeg

Hi everybody hope all is ok, I have been busy lately. All three of my Silkie cockerels have been rehomed or being rehomed, and I have a lovely little white polish lady and two little white silkie ladies one is bearded. At the moment im keeping them separate from Joffrey as its early days yet and the girls are about 16 to 18 weeks old. Hope everybody is managing ok in this cold weather, it can only start getting better now after February, surely :D

Hello. Mostly OK here thanks. Looking forward to a bit drier weather now too. I hope this is winters last hurrah! I ordered 10 bags of chicken run bark chippings today. So atleast I can deal with the mud better...permanently! I'll be busy at the weekend. It's good you managed to rehomed your cockerals. It's not normally easy. I guess joffrey is resident.

Hi everybody hope all is ok, I have been busy lately. All three of my Silkie cockerels have been rehomed or being rehomed, and I have a lovely little white polish lady and two little white silkie ladies one is bearded. At the moment im keeping them separate from Joffrey as its early days yet and the girls are about 16 to 18 weeks old. Hope everybody is managing ok in this cold weather, it can only start getting better now after February, surely :D

Busy busy here but ok thank you :)

Great to hear you have got home for your boys plus some new ladies for Joffrey! :clap I’m sure he we will be excited to meet them ;)

Hello. Mostly OK here thanks. Looking forward to a bit drier weather now too. I hope this is winters last hurrah! I ordered 10 bags of chicken run bark chippings today. So atleast I can deal with the mud better...permanently! I'll be busy at the weekend. It's good you managed to rehomed your cockerals. It's not normally easy. I guess joffrey is resident.

Do you think the bark chipping would work on slabs/concrete? Are they quite big chipping or the finer stuff?

Busy busy here but ok thank you :)

Great to hear you have got home for your boys plus some new ladies for Joffrey! :clap I’m sure he we will be excited to meet them ;)

Do you think the bark chipping would work on slabs/concrete? Are they quite big chipping or the finer stuff?
This is where I got them from.
https://www.bark-uk.co.uk/
I suppose you could use them on slabs. I think they could shift around a bit. I put straw on my slabs and now chicken chippings will adorn the mud pit we have now!

Back
Top Bottom