UK Member Please Say HI

good news on the AI front for those of us opposed to the wholesale confinement and slaughter of birds supposedly as a precautionary measure but which has conspicuously failed to work to stop the spread of this virus: natural immunity is starting to be noticed. "Schuler (wildlife disease ecologist at Cornell University in New York) said researchers have found birds who test positive for H5N1 but are healthy – a sign that some birds may be adapting to living with the virus. “We’re of the mindset now that it’s something here to stay,” she said, “and we’re in a wait-and-see mode.”" ... "Pitesky (who monitors and forecasts bird viruses at the University of California, Davis) said avian influenza is endemic in itself, and over time, the virus most likely adapts to its host and becomes less virulent, shedding less virus into the environment. “I think we learn to live with it, and the waterfowl will adapt to it,” he says. “But we’re periodically going to have this pop up.”" https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/10/california-avian-flu-migration-birds-waterfowl

Sadly flockdown is back ...

Prevention zone declared across Great Britain from Monday October 17th noon

• Keep free ranging birds within fenced areas, and that ponds, watercourses and permanent standing water must be fenced off (except in specific circumstances e.g. zoo birds).
  • Clean and disinfect footwear and keep areas where birds live clean and tidy;
  • Minimise movement in and out of bird enclosures;
  • Reduce any existing contamination by cleansing and disinfecting concrete areas, and fencing off wet or boggy areas
  • Keep domestic ducks and geese separate from other poultry.
  • Ensure the areas where birds are kept are unattractive to wild birds, for example by netting ponds, and by removing wild bird food sources;
  • Feed and water your birds in enclosed areas to discourage wild birds;

Hi. Can anyone direct me to where I buy (store) buy Poultry wound spray, Neosporin, Iodine and Enroflaxin please? Or any alternatives please? My duck has bumblefoot and deliveries are all a few days or more and I've never done this before and my shopping list of from what I found on a first aid kit xxx

Back
Top Bottom