UK Member Please Say HI

Pics
Got my Buff Plymouth Rock hatching eggs coming Wednesday and Sasso meat chicks coming Saturday, the 2 broodies I borrowed of my mate have now decided they don't fancy being broody any more,
Time for plan b !!

Your most welcome :D

Hatching is a whole bunch of emotions all rolled into one!! Now you have one hatched that should encourage your others to get a move on. It all sounds good so you have done a good job for your first time, now you will want to hatch more & more & more & more...............

So... End results in.. Out of the 10 eggs in our first ever hatch, we had 7! One died when it pipped, it got its beak stuck and a little peice of membrain seems to have got stuck over its nostal holes and it suffercated!. We still have 2 more eggs in the incubator, but no pips or anything, so they might have died or been infertile, they are a French wheaten and a copper blue Moran and both have think and very dark eggs so we're hard to candle.

But success wise, all the others and doing brilliantly! Eating and drinking loads, pooing loads too!! They are so funny to watch, they no fear and are great when handled to!.. Will post some photos!x

So... End results in.. Out of the 10 eggs in our first ever hatch, we had 7! One died when it pipped, it got its beak stuck and a little peice of membrain seems to have got stuck over its nostal holes and it suffercated!. We still have 2 more eggs in the incubator, but no pips or anything, so they might have died or been infertile, they are a French wheaten and a copper blue Moran and both have think and very dark eggs so we're hard to candle.

But success wise, all the others and doing brilliantly! Eating and drinking loads, pooing loads too!! They are so funny to watch, they no fear and are great when handled to!.. Will post some photos!x

@Yorkshirecoop hi hun thanks all good in chicken and duck land I bought another duck Sunday got a khaki chambell called her neyo still a little feather pulling going on but other than that all flat mates are happy
1f60a.png
lol
1f601.png
Aiyla is huge now and doing well she 11 weeks today wow
1f632.png
its shot by ill get some pics of the brood xx

@mrmotherhen

Hi and congratulations on your hatch. They look adorable. I'm guessing the cream legbar is the chipmunk striped one (looking female as I can't see a head spot) and I think I see a blue Marans and the ginger one will be a RIR. Is the white one an araucana?
Please feel free to post more photos!
Did the other two hatch?

I've got another week to go with mine, but looking good so far. Mine are being broody incubated, so I'm really hoping that the weather improves in the next week, as it is bitterly cold and damp here at the moment and I like to get them out onto grass as soon as possible after they hatch,

Anyway, I must get on with some more work now, but hope they continue to thrive.

Best wishes

Barbara

Back
Top Bottom