UK Member Please Say HI

NO IT IS NOT - how dare you temp me with other species like that :rant:oldI have never fancied a duck but OMG that little fluff ball going over your boots :love:love:love
No please don't Porky :lau

Sorry! No I’m not really! Everyone needs a gosling at some point in their life ;) Peeper was super special as he was a lone Hatcher. All the other eggs were infertile and his was a difficult hatch. Malpositioned and took 2 days to hatch. Had to help him out in the end as he was giving up. He was very attached to my boots :lol:

0F92AE04-5E47-44C6-AD86-2BFD180D7687.jpeg

That is most certainly more civilised :) i won’t mention that it’s been 28c here today:oops:

That video is certainly a tad more entertaining :thumbsup

“28, I say 28” :eek: Tropical!

Erm... that sounds a tad disturbing - j/s :confused:

That’s because it’s you reading it..... :gig

Erm... that sounds a tad disturbing - j/s :confused:
There's always one :rolleyes::p:lau
Everyone needs a gosling at some point in their life ;) Peeper was super special as he was a lone Hatcher.
Oh how embarrassing - didn't even get the species right :lau:lau:lau dont' mind me I'll go and hide under my baguette :lau. Bless him and your boots! And that is going to be a scary goose when he grows up :eek:- I'm out :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Too much excitement for one night - I'm off to bed (now comment required Porky :lau).

There's always one :rolleyes::p:lau

Oh how embarrassing - didn't even get the species right :lau:lau:lau dont' mind me I'll go and hide under my baguette :lau. Bless him and your boots! And that is going to be a scary goose when he grows up :eek:- I'm out :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Too much excitement for one night - I'm off to bed (now comment required Porky :lau).

Duckling/gosling does not matter! :lol: Your baguette! That’s super funny :gigI guess you have loads of them in France!

He is all grown up now but was always nice not like other scary geese I know! He went to live with a family in Lincolnshire on a farm with other pet geese. I hatch for a farmer friend for Xmas dinner but even he didn’t have the heart to eat him so he found him a new forever home.

Now off to bed with you & don’t forget the baguette :lol:

I find it ironic that of my mixed flock, the Swedish Flower hen and cockerel are still lurking in the coop while the araucanas and norfolk greys have ventured out into the snow! and are wandering around in it as usual now they've got over the shock (none of them have walked through snow before). I wonder how long it will take the SFHs to brave it...

Sorry! No I’m not really! Everyone needs a gosling at some point in their life ;) Peeper was super special as he was a lone Hatcher. All the other eggs were infertile and his was a difficult hatch. Malpositioned and took 2 days to hatch. Had to help him out in the end as he was giving up. He was very attached to my boots :lol:

View attachment 1659309
That's super sweet! The shell sounded pretty hard on the egg though. @Shadrach has a rooster that is attached to his boots as well! Im reading this in the garden and the peeping made all my hens heads prick up!

That's super sweet! The shell sounded pretty hard on the egg though. @Shadrach has a rooster that is attached to his boots as well! Im reading this in the garden and the peeping made all my hens heads prick up!

Goose eggs are so much thicker. Did nothing different with the incubation period and the humidity was plenty high enough at lockdown. I misted the eggs as usual everyday too.

Those boots were his surrogate as he was totally on his own! If they were not next to the brooder he was screaming his head off and we needed some peace :lol:

I bet the hens thought they were being invaded! That peeping always gets the dogs attention here too!

He's still there.:lol:
He'll grow out of it eventually. He's a special needs cockerel.;)

Hello there!!
I'm Avril from Cannock Wood on Cannock Chase in Staffordshire. UK
I wanted to have 3 Cream Bars but I felt guilty not rescuing Batteries when they are desperate for rehoming so I decided to have them instead. Not got them yet but I am on the waiting list. I hope to have at least one CLB at a later date if I am successful and the little ladies are happy.

Back
Top Bottom