UK Member Please Say HI

I finally got the run made for speckle and the chicks.
DSC_0258.JPG
DSC_0260.JPG

I put millie in there as well but she started being mean to the chicks and wasn't letting them near the food. So she was promptly added to the rest of the hooligans! Neville has been her protector and she seems to have settled in quite well! She still wants back in the house but it's not happening, I have my living room back! And speckle has started laying again!
Here's the chicks. I'm not sure on sex yet but I'm thinking the light one could be a male and the dark one a female. What do you think @Sneebsey?
IMG-20190413-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20190413-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20190413-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20190413-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:
That’s very handy to be able to take it out. The chicks sure have come on very well. No not hatching here at the moment but should be doing some goose eggs again soon. Been busy with one thing and another & making the most of Harry horse whilst the weather is half decent. Plus Malcolm’s table is taking up my incubator spot in the utility room so need to get some other stuff out to get the incubator set up.
Chickens are good thanks, paying rent again! The quail are laying well too. Did have to get Charlie to dispatch one of my £1 ex commercial hens hens though. Was egg bound at first but managed to get that out. Unfortunately she didn’t improve after that and started going way down hill. Very swollen abdomen still, lots of just sitting down & not eating or drinking. Suspect it was some kind of problem with her internal laying machine. Just couldn’t watch her any longer so Charlie did a quick dispatch of her.

That’s very handy to be able to take it out. The chicks sure have come on very well. No not hatching here at the moment but should be doing some goose eggs again soon. Been busy with one thing and another & making the most of Harry horse whilst the weather is half decent. Plus Malcolm’s table is taking up my incubator spot in the utility room so need to get some other stuff out to get the incubator set up.
Chickens are good thanks, paying rent again! The quail are laying well too. Did have to get Charlie to dispatch one of my £1 ex commercial hens hens though. Was egg bound at first but managed to get that out. Unfortunately she didn’t improve after that and started going way down hill. Very swollen abdomen still, lots of just sitting down & not eating or drinking. Suspect it was some kind of problem with her internal laying machine. Just couldn’t watch her any longer so Charlie did a quick dispatch of her.
That's sad about your ex bat. Unfortunately that's how it is with them. At least she had her freedom at the end. I forgot about malcolm! Are you going to get a friend for him?

It is sad but she had a good last 15 months here. Just how they are bred unfortunately. I’m not one for letting things linger either when it comes to illnesses & suffering. I know I wouldn’t want that!

No I’m not getting a friend for Malcolm, they are quite solitary creatures so he’s fine on his own. Plus I don’t actually know if he’s Male or female yet and having 2 males can cause fighting when they are older.

Back
Top Bottom