UK Member Please Say HI

Well the hessian most definitely didn't quite work as I'd hoped :( given the amount of rainfall we've had, it was still wet inside. So out with the tarps!
DSC_0077.JPG
DSC_0078.JPG

I still need to do the doors but it's mostly watertight now. Also the woodchip has made all the difference outside.

I also got a couple of new additions! A pair of whitestars. I got them to go with caramel but when I hit to the place to collect them they were alot younger than I thought.
DSC_0062.JPG
DSC_0064.JPG

They were also filthy and stank. And incredibly flighty. They were in a muddy, dirty run. And his handling of them was questionable. I just paid him and did a runner. Got them home and straight in the bath!
DSC_0068.JPG

I read your article @Fur-N-Fowl! I didn't go all in though I just wanted them clean. They're in the garage now all dry and looking good :D
DSC_0086.JPG

I'm not going to put them with caramel. I'll keep them separate for a while. I need to try and calm them down first. They are scatty!

Well the hessian most definitely didn't quite work as I'd hoped :( given the amount of rainfall we've had, it was still wet inside. So out with the tarps!
View attachment 1960827 View attachment 1960828
I still need to do the doors but it's mostly watertight now. Also the woodchip has made all the difference outside.

I also got a couple of new additions! A pair of whitestars. I got them to go with caramel but when I hit to the place to collect them they were alot younger than I thought.
View attachment 1960829 View attachment 1960830
They were also filthy and stank. And incredibly flighty. They were in a muddy, dirty run. And his handling of them was questionable. I just paid him and did a runner. Got them home and straight in the bath!
View attachment 1960831
I read your article @Fur-N-Fowl! I didn't go all in though I just wanted them clean. They're in the garage now all dry and looking good :D
View attachment 1960832
I'm not going to put them with caramel. I'll keep them separate for a while. I need to try and calm them down first. They are scatty!

Hopefully the tarps do a better job for keeping the rain out, the rain we've had lately though has been unbelievable!

Driving home from work on Saturday night it was chucking it down. It's the first time I've ever had to put my cars wipers on full the rain was that heavy. The fogs been awful too...

This winter really is looking like it's going to be a bad one.

That bark is a good idea, we also use that in the woods next to our house. It gets so claggy and boggy under foot without it.

Also, I love the chicks sign you have on the gate :lol:

Your new chickens are lovely! I'm glad the article has helped you out with getting them spruced up!

I don't blame you for bathing them though, we've went to 'reputable' breeders in the past and when we get there, the birds had scaly leg and bad lice infestations and looked so dirty...

I know they're issues that can effect any poultry but at least warn buyers beforehand :idunno

Seems like winter is here! It's too cold and frosty and it's horrible. White Stars are lovely birds. I'm down to one boy now but he's a cool guy.

20191130_102726.jpg

Rat problem is still mad, traps ain't triggering and I'm a crap shot. The neighbours aren't helping either. They have a rabbit enclosure where the rats are nesting underneath but they aren't really inclined to do anything. "We live near a field so we'll always have rats" just doesn't really sit well with me. Jeez, as if it's December tomorrow.

If any bodies lights started flickering, sorry, we've just switched the Christmas lights on! I think I'm British gas new favourite customer :lau
Hope everyone is OK. A Warburton lorry had a crash outside my house this morning. He slid on black ice and went sidewards down the road and crashed through the pub wall. He was OK but the wall was a write off! Then another car came around the corner and slid straight over the road hitting the curb just missing my neighbours car! Then some one put a barrier up in the road to slow traffic because of the crashed lorry and another car slid straight through it! This was all before 8 this morning. The council then decided to come grit the road. Be careful out there.

I've just spent the weekend away up at Scotland at the Lochs and believe me it was cold up there! -8 at one point.

There was frost that thick it looked like snow. I do say it was beautiful driving through frost covered trees in the mountains.

The black ice wasn't nice though...one driver skid on a corner and ended up on their roof in the middle of nowhere!

On the ride up I was just looking out the window like "Oo they have chickens...Oh they have chickens too...and those too!" :gig

Went past one house on its own with quite a few in their garden.

Anyways, I'm back home now and back to reality with my own birds and work...

IMG_1602.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_1608.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1617.JPG

I've just spent the weekend away up at Scotland at the Lochs and believe me it was cold up there! -8 at one point.

There was frost that thick it looked like snow. I do say it was beautiful driving through frost covered trees in the mountains.

The black ice wasn't nice though...one driver skid on a corner and ended up on their roof in the middle of nowhere!

On the ride up I was just looking out the window like "Oo they have chickens...Oh they have chickens too...and those too!" :gig

Went past one house on its own with quite a few in their garden.

Anyways, I'm back home now and back to reality with my own birds and work...

View attachment 1972606
View attachment 1972607
View attachment 1972608
View attachment 1972609
View attachment 1972610
Glad you had a nice time. The pictures look great! The only time I've been to Scotland it rained all week :( and keep your eyes on the road, too many accidents from people chicken spotting!

I've hot a couple of days off work and the weather has been fantastic! Managed to get some jobs done. And the fantails now have the trap on the front of the loft so I can start to trap train them. It is quite funny watching them try to figure out how to go through the bobwires! Chickens are enjoying a hot mash at the moment and the pidgies are flying!
DSC_0152.JPG

DSC_0168.JPG
DSC_0165.JPG

Back
Top Bottom