UK Member Please Say HI

I've kept many many breeds and haven't found any that suffered in our climate.

Though, I've decided not to get any more feathered footed chickens due to the interminable MUD every season of the year.

At the moment, I'm in love with Barnevelders. So beautiful, dual purpose (not that I eat mine), decent egg layers but not prolific to burn out young, and super extra mega friendly.

I've got two of the bantam version.

Do any of you lot do much incubating?

I'm looking for a second incubator and wondered what ones you use.
My current one is a relatively expensive one but I don't want to spend a huge amount this time.

seeing as it's mainly people from US in this forum, all I ever hear about is hovabators and nurture rights.
they sound pretty good but unfortunately don't ship to uk

Do any of you lot do much incubating?

I'm looking for a second incubator and wondered what ones you use.
My current one is a relatively expensive one but I don't want to spend a huge amount this time.

seeing as it's mainly people from US in this forum, all I ever hear about is hovabators and nurture rights.
they sound pretty good but unfortunately don't ship to uk
I got a borroto recently and so far I like like it. It is a bit difficult to get it up to 60% humidity

Yes I do like the look of those.
They're still more expensive than I was hoping for though.

I know there are a few cheap Chinese ones which are apparently ok. I was wondering wether anyone had any experience with them?
First one I got worked well-ish for a year then suddenly toasted my eggs. Next one all most all of the eggs didn’t manage to pip, I think it was bad ventilation, it also had decently big fluctuations in temperature as well as the temperature was not very even through out the incubator

First incubator
23A7A623-8917-4EBD-AE74-9FB8B4D59E2D.jpeg

second incubator
C619845A-2B56-4938-855D-2C04FA7B3184.jpeg

First one I got worked well-ish for a year then suddenly toasted my eggs. Next one all most all of the eggs didn’t manage to pip, I think it was bad ventilation, it also had decently big fluctuations in temperature as well as the temperature was not very even through out the incubator

First incubator
View attachment 2790208
second incubator
View attachment 2790210
Ah yep the second one was one of the ones I was interested in. I'll cross that off my list now. Thanks for sharing that!

Back
Top Bottom