Umm.. how long do roosters crow for?

That's how we got our rooster, haha. Not because of a vendetta, but because his crowing annoyed their very close neighbors, and they had no hens. He was watching over a flock of ducks before he came here
smile.png

I liked the fact his crowing annoyed the neighbors, but they got a yappy dog in retaliation, and he yaps for 1 hour after they leave for work, and 2 hours in the afternoon when all the different schools get out. I'd like to give him away too!

My rooster is non stop crowing. 4:30 am the sun isn't even close to coming up and he's crowing. 2:30 am the neighbors outdoor spot light turns on. He's gotta crow at that obviously. All throughout the day he's crowing. My roo is a non crop crow machine. I also live in the suburbs of NYC so they aren't really allowed but so far no complaining

You guys have more patience then me!!
I read roosters crow for many reasons
( someone asked them on cnn
1f60a.png
),

Hungry
Scared/danger
A warning to hens
Thirsty
I'd add:
Wind blows
Plane flys
Cow moos
Bird sings
It rains , snows, hails
Sun up
Sun down
Phone rings
Cat walks...........

The only time my rooster did not crow was when I was in the coop
1f914.png

He's enjoying his new home , Im sure!!!

Negan crows at pretty much anything. I was worried about him not crowing "late bloomer" but I'm over that. I don't think there is a time table to crowing, they just feel the urge and go.I don't mind it and there are so many other roosters in earshot of mine even if I did it wouldn't do me a bit of good.

Back
Top Bottom