unabsorbed yolk sack *help*

Olivia_TheGreat

In the Brooder
Aug 23, 2019
i tried gently pushing it back into the chickens body however it was too big to fit through the hole. i didnt want to hurt the poor chick so i put it back into the incubator with the other chick who is tired since she just hatched. because of this i am not worried that the other chick will burst the yolk sack however with the chick walking about he is dragging the yolk sack on the floor with him. how can i possibly keep the small chick still so he doesnt burst his yolk sack and eventually absorb it. please help pleaseeee :fl:hit

Attachments

• IMG_6026.JPG
    IMG_6026.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 34
i am going to try in a while to push the yolk in. wish me luck!!
I think I might wait to do that. Is your incubator tall enough for you to put a small Tupperware container in it? If so, I think I would line the container with a paper towel or cloth and stick the chick in it, then cross my fingers that it continues to absorb the remaining yolk.

I think I might wait to do that. Is your incubator tall enough for you to put a small Tupperware container in it? If so, I think I would line the container with a paper towel or cloth and stick the chick in it, then cross my fingers that it continues to absorb the remaining yolk.

yes it is tall enough but i am scared he will jump out of the container as it is quite shallow. also, i have heard stories of people leaving the chick to heal but then it dies so i want to step in and help as i have heard that pushing it in can keep the chick alive.

Back
Top Bottom