Unacceptable Guest Dog

No worries, you're fine. I've seen the damage a dog can do. A loved one was hurt by a dog. I wasn't there at the time but she will wear those scars for life and it makes me wish I had been there, armed. It was a young adult, and she's lucky she didn't lose her leg or even her life. And that's all I'm going to say about it.
Oh wow that’s terrible!!! :eek: :hugs I think in that case I would probably have shot it tbh but idk. I feel like that’s different to me but idk. There’s so many variables in every situation that it’s impossible to say what I would or wouldn’t do. But I think with family I probably would but I also don’t even own a gun so for me it’s not an option even if I wanted to. Which I guess is maybe why I think of alternatives first or whatever? But it’s totally understandable to shoot in that situation! But for me I would have to apply for a license and take a class and all this stuff and then I wouldn’t even be able to shoot it because we’re too close to houses and also it’s not a good idea to have it around the house for various reasons.

Everyone around here carries so its not a strange thought. I know if there was a burglar in my house I wouldnt hesitate. Out in the open however I'm more cautious. You can not know the situation until you access it. In a split second however you may not have that option. I was truly worried that my FIL would get sued but he didnt. I guess I should also mention it was a pitbull. Either way he made the decision he thought was right to protect his own no matter how disagreeable it might seem
Yeah, that’s understandable and they’re safe now! It’s hard in a split second. It’s unfortunate it was a pit since they already have a bad enough rap without actually attacking a dog :( most I’ve met have been very sweet but clearly this one wasn’t. I don’t think I could shoot even a burglar tbh haha I’m too... nice ?? Weak ?? Idk the right word. I just don’t think I could take somebody’s life. And that’s not saying somebody that does isn’t nice or whatever (murderers aside of course) just that in general I don’t even stand up for myself like verbally most of the time let alone shoot someone.

I get all that. I don't have guns either and the same things apply: houses too close, etc. I just wish PEOPLE would take ownership and responsibility for their animals, especially their dogs, and we wouldn't have to have these discussions or situations. What a perfect world THAT would be, right? 😉

I get all that. I don't have guns either and the same things apply: houses too close, etc. I just wish PEOPLE would take ownership and responsibility for their animals, especially their dogs, and we wouldn't have to have these discussions or situations. What a perfect world THAT would be, right? 😉
Agreed!!! That would be so nice if that happened lol

Oh wow that’s terrible!!! :eek: :hugs I think in that case I would probably have shot it tbh but idk. I feel like that’s different to me but idk. There’s so many variables in every situation that it’s impossible to say what I would or wouldn’t do. But I think with family I probably would but I also don’t even own a gun so for me it’s not an option even if I wanted to. Which I guess is maybe why I think of alternatives first or whatever? But it’s totally understandable to shoot in that situation! But for me I would have to apply for a license and take a class and all this stuff and then I wouldn’t even be able to shoot it because we’re too close to houses and also it’s not a good idea to have it around the house for various reasons.
I trained with my pistol and a rifle for the reason of keeping my family safe. We are very close to Chicago and if you know what is going on there you would most certainly understand. I would never want to take someones life even if they intended on taking mine but the rule for effective shooting is to aim at center of mass so you dont miss. It's very hard to aim at just a leg or an arm hoping that you hit it and it stops your aggressor. I encourage you to practice your second amendment rights and take the class. The rules are: dont aim at anything you dont intend to destroy, dont put your finger on the trigger until you are prepared to fire and to always TREAT IT LIKE ITS LOADED even when it is not. Guns are not bad it is bad people with guns that are bad. Believe me, I left my pistol unattended for several hours and told it to go hurt someone and it never did. :lau it's either lazy or guns dont hurt people. I just saw on the news today an elderly woman had someone trying to break in. She met him at the door with her rifle and said before he could run away "oh no you dont. You're gonna sit right there and wait for the cops or I will fill you full of lead" awesome woman.

I trained with my pistol and a rifle for the reason of keeping my family safe. We are very close to Chicago and if you know what is going on there you would most certainly understand. I would never want to take someones life even if they intended on taking mine but the rule for effective shooting is to aim at center of mass so you dont miss. It's very hard to aim at just a leg or an arm hoping that you hit it and it stops your aggressor. I encourage you to practice your second amendment rights and take the class. The rules are: dont aim at anything you dont intend to destroy, dont put your finger on the trigger until you are prepared to fire and to always TREAT IT LIKE ITS LOADED even when it is not. Guns are not bad it is bad people with guns that are bad. Believe me, I left my pistol unattended for several hours and told it to go hurt someone and it never did. :lau it's either lazy or guns dont hurt people. I just saw on the news today an elderly woman had someone trying to break in. She met him at the door with her rifle and said before he could run away "oh no you dont. You're gonna sit right there and wait for the cops or I will fill you full of lead" awesome woman.
Oh yeah, I honestly don’t have anything against guns or anything like that and I’m not like scared of them or whatever so sorry if it came across like that. I have no problem with people using them and I think I even shot one once a long time ago but I’m not sure exactly. My mom’s family used to hunt too and I have friends that do so it’s not that. But I just honestly don’t think they’re for me. 😂🤣 also I totally wouldn’t trust myself with one 😂🤣

Oh yeah, I honestly don’t have anything against guns or anything like that and I’m not like scared of them or whatever so sorry if it came across like that. I have no problem with people using them and I think I even shot one once a long time ago but I’m not sure exactly. My mom’s family used to hunt too and I have friends that do so it’s not that. But I just honestly don’t think they’re for me. 😂🤣 also I totally wouldn’t trust myself with one 😂🤣
To each his own. Owning one is a lot of responsibility. Anyways I think we took a nose dive due to my MIL story. Lets get back to the OPs issue.

I don’t think I could shoot even a burglar tbh haha I’m too... nice ?? Weak ?? Idk the right word. I just don’t think I could take somebody’s life. And that’s not saying somebody that does isn’t nice or whatever (murderers aside of course) just that in general I don’t even stand up for myself like verbally most of the time let alone shoot someone.
Not weak. Not weak at all.
Lol I can't even kill gnats.
What you're brought up to makes a huge difference.

- I have been known to apologize to spiderwebs when I walk into them. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom