Unacceptable Guest Dog

Pics
Some people feel very strongly about it. We would do the OP a disjustice to discuss it if it meant the thread would be closed. When it comes to topics like that most people are set in their way and to try to change some ones opinion is to disrespect that person's beliefs and values. This is a place of respect :thumbsup
Apologies. I thought that I said in my post that it'd be best to let it alone, but apparently not. Sorry!

*** has lots of chickens. Swore up and down her dog was OK with chickens.
After an hour of telling her he wasn’t ok, and her saying she’s keeping extra special eye on him, I went to empty my bladder......

I’m down one bar rock chick. Broody has a bald patch from protecting chick. Dog went forcefully into her suv with explicit warning that if a paw hits my dirt it will be shot.

Why can people not have control over their dogs?
One warning that’s enough 12 gauge problem solver.

Some dog owners treat them like people instead of animals with innate triggers that can go off at any time. Their dog would never hurt a fly---until it does.
Dogs are easier to understand than people. You pretty much know what you're getting with in the first 5 minutes of meeting a dog. Humans can lie though and they have a lot more baggage. It's not fair to compare the two. A dog wants the same survival things that we desire such as food and shelter but they are immaterial. A dog desires to be accepted more than anything. When an owner shows their dog that a incorrect behavior is acceptable the dog will continue to do so. It doesn't seem like a hard concept but for some people that are impatient or lazy they just dont get it. My fiancee is very impatient. As such my dog does not jump or bark at me but does to him because he has made it "a game". I ignore her completely when she is rowdy to show her that behavior is unacceptable. She responds very quickly to it but my fiancee is always in a hurry to come inside or take her on a walk so he doesnt take the time. He's improving but he is now seeing...after a year...the difference when he ignores her versus indulging it

After an hour of telling her he wasn’t ok, and her saying she’s keeping extra special eye on him, I went to empty my bladder......

I’m down one bar rock chick. Broody has a bald patch from protecting chick. Dog went forcefully into her suv with explicit warning that if a paw hits my dirt it will be shot.

Because they’re selfish idiots.

Dogs can destroy birds fast. What a jerk for not controlling her animal. You are down a sweet chick and she still has her dog. That’s terrible. Hope broody girls feels better. What a little warrior she was to go up against that dog.

I have 7 small dogs, they love going out with the chickens, but they are supervised visits. The chickens aren’t afraid of them because they will walk right into house if back door is open and eat out of dog food bowls at same time as dogs. But the dogs are animals and I will not take a chance oh any harm coming to any of my animals

Even if someone's dog is ok with THEIR chickens (or toddlers, or cats, or rabbits....fill in the blank), it doesn't mean it'll be ok with everyone else's......there are also so many other things:
-dogs don't know their own strength, and can totally accidentally hurt things
-sometimes they just try to play and play too rough
-lack of communication between different species can lead to violence
I'm so sorry about the loss of your chickie :( Hopefully *** will take the dog away soon. It's good that broody came out relatively okay.
So said that right, I have an Am staff who is great with my kids, nephews and nieces, even my chickens but I still won’t let her out on her own not because she might be awful to anyone or anything but I would rather be safe than sorry!! I would hate to put her down over an impulse or anything otherwise I love her so for her own good I keep her close. Recently I had my neighbors dog come into my yard ( I rent) and despite it being smaller than mine bit mine on the nose. They would not control their dog and mine could easily hurt theirs so I had to put up a temp fence( with the owners perm), which is so unfair coz their dog still roams on all the other neighbors yards:barnie:barnie

Attachments

• A8D2B6C0-403A-43B6-9836-91FAC5CCA23D.jpeg
    A8D2B6C0-403A-43B6-9836-91FAC5CCA23D.jpeg
    470.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 4AA52BAC-919A-4216-8636-83E07C95053A.jpeg
    4AA52BAC-919A-4216-8636-83E07C95053A.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom