under the Eee severely swollen! HELP

sierralouise

Hatching
8 Years
Dec 21, 2011
My Chickens eye is extremely swollen. This just sprang up and I've isolated her from the other chickens. Not sure what to do! Help please!!
She is around 1 year and shes a small black bantum chicken. She doesn't seemed bothered by it. But her left eye is tearing up as the swelling gets larger

This site wont let me post pictures so if images needed I will send them! Its a large red and yellow bubble!

Last edited:
does it look like this?

81535_img_0923.jpg

She is currently isolated and yes looks similar. but much larger. it looks like its filled to the max with some type of fluid.
114320_img_2389.jpg

do you use cedar bedding???? that can cause them to swell since it is toxic to them..

114320_img_2392.jpg

No the only thing in their coops is some hay. They stay in at night and free range outside during the day

Aw bless her. Do you have a vets near you as it might need lancing? I would boil some water and put a whole teaspoon of salt in it, once its luke warm bath her eye. If you have any eye drops for either conjunctavitis or pink eye put 1 x drop in 3 times a day.. Hope this helps till you can see a vet hun. Tracy
hugs.gif

You could also use some baby asprin too if she has a fever. I had a chicken whos eye was very like yours. After bathing it everyday and putting eye drops in it cleared up, and giving her the baby asprin takes away the pain so she started eating again. Xx

Back
Top Bottom