under weight!!!!!!!

BMD17553

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 3, 2013
i recently obtained a green legged hatch rooster and hen im not sure the age but its at least 1 1/2 years old he is really skinny he has little to no fat / meat / muscle. what food can i feed him to build him up he also shows no interest in breeding.

Some chickens just don't want to eat. Feed him lots of corn (scratch) or some mealworms. I have a Rhode Island Red who doesn't eat very much of her regular food but still has some "fat/meat/muscle" because of all the other food I hand feed her.

He might have worms.

I "adopted" a Silkie cockerel once who was practically skin and bones. I tried to worm him, but I think he was just too far gone. Poor guy only lived with me for about 4 weeks.

I don't have many more info to give, other than that suggestion. I hope you get a more knowledgeable answer.

Valbazen or Safeguard would both be good choices. Valbazen is liquid and you can use liquid Safeguard goat dewormer, easy to measure and dose. Give 0.5 ml and repeat the dose in 10 days. Also check him over very carefully for mites or lice.

Back
Top Bottom