Undersized Chicks at 18 Weeks

Pics
Yes my wife was giving our chicks collodial silver but since it's expensive we kind of tapered off as they started to grow but then we discovered you could actually make it so that's cool stuff...great awesome that you can get it .l'm going to look into a see if I can find it locally otherwise I have to start making my own stuff.
👍

I sure don't understand why if colloidal silver is superior to antibiotics, anthelmintics and methods of treating all the other disease causing organisms - do we treat with anything else?
Sounds like a super cure that covers all bases. Now we can throw everything in our treatment kits away.
In addition, as it regards this thread, how can it reverse 6 months of bad nutrition causing stunting. Apparently it is also a time machine.
:idunno
I have seen many pages of claims on the internet but I still haven't seen a documented scientific study.

Last edited:
Saying that its superior to anti biotics is false. Anti biotics perform a much wider range of actions that help the body recover and also are much better at killing the bad stuff. The downside is that viruses and the like can become immune to antibiotics over time. This isnt true for colloidal silver. CS also does not work on a alot of viruses out there. It is not a cure all. It's a cure some. The side effect of turning blue or purple is considered major even given the rarity since it is not curable.

If you need scientific studies, just look at my prior post. I posted quite a few. Its only one page back.

"In addition, as it regards this thread, how can it reverse 6 months of bad nutrition causing stunting. Apparently it is also a time machine. "

The original reason CS was brought up was due to worms, not bad nutrition. I think reading back a few pages may help you understand some of your questions and give you some answers.

Anyone that thinks anything is a cure all needs to do more research on their own and find the truth. There is nothing in this world that will cure everything. That's why we have multiple tools at our disposal.

There are plenty of founded claims as well as you can see by the multiple scientific studies performed. It's not something that does not have studies on it. As with all medicines (which it is a medicine), it has its uses which are very relevant and backed up by studies and years of usage.

Can you cite one for me?
I've searched far and wide but can't find one.
I'm usually pretty good at finding scientific studies.
On page 7 of this thread, I've posted quite a few. Here's a link to that area.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/undersized-chicks-at-18-weeks.1411949/page-7

the very first link is from the national veterinary institute and probably what most people are looking for it to fight. Coccidiosis.
I found this from the NIH website:
https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/colloidal-silver
🤔

I also found this:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5748950/

Interestingly, that first link that DuckYouMan posted, to the study by the Swedish Veterinary Institute is found on a website for a company that sells a silver treatment. (Gee.) I could not find that study anywhere else, and I could not find either of the two doctors who signed at the bottom in connection with the SVA. Carsten Clausen comes up quite a bit and I think that may be a common name. The second dr’s name got no hits whatsoever. That’s a pretty dead end link. I also got no hits when I went to the SVA website and searched colloidal silver. Searching coccidiosis brought up two items that weren’t about silver.

I have to wonder whether that company selling their product manufactured that study.

I only glanced briefly at some of the links that were obviously different people’s blogs. So I didn’t check any links that those blogs might have referenced.

Back
Top Bottom