Understatement of the year award goes to..........

Oh my!!!! So many ideas that I must try!!!! Yum yum..... Well mine loveee ramen noodles!!! They go nuts!!
And they like strawberry tops and bad spots. I am the bearer of the the treats ha ha!! I always get run
over and tripped when I go into the outside pen, because they are expecting a treat!!! ha ha!!! This is a
wonderful thread!!!!
big_smile.png
caf.gif

GRAAAAAAAAPES!! I've come close to losing fingers over the grapes. Anytime I bring anything else out to them they seem disappointed that it's not grapes.

Quote:
mine too, they like red better than green.

I like to toss them out one at a time and watch them play keep away and chase each other around the yard, it hilarious!
lau.gif

is that mean?
hide.gif

My 30 chickens get the scraps leftover from our meals (and with five kids aged 8 and under, there are a lot of scraps!) so they associate every visit from a human as a snack fest. Right now they are feasting on the carcass of a deli-sister. Ew! A few days ago they feasted on Copper River salmon scraps. They love us so much that I wouldn't want to trip and fall in the yard for fear they would eat me! My 8 year old lets the chickens sit on his lap and feeds them from his hands. Very cute!

So my 4 year old came home from school today and announced he was hungry. He wanted a PBJ (see where this is going). He started in on the sandwich and headed out back to "play". Next thing I know I hear a chicken swarm and cackling of a small child. If you have never seen chickens trying to get peanut butter down, ya better buckle up buttercup! 4 y.o. howling with laughter....chickens attacking the sandwich and then running around trying to get the PB down.....hilarity. Just FYI.

Grapes. Whenever the girls get let out to free range (with me standing guard with a rake, just in case) they are so easy to get back in, I pull a bunch of grapes out of my pocket and if I don't start to the pen soon enough, I have to 'nudge them along'. Last time I got the grapes out and they were in the pen before I was.
big_smile.png
Clover buds were fun too.

I read on the forum that they love bologna, so I tried it today, and they really did! This is their order of preference: scratch (although I haven't offered both bologna and scratch at the same time, so I'm not really sure), bologna, dandelions. Mine turned their noses up at spaghetti, and they're not thrilled with grapes, carrot peels or celery. I think they're pretty spoiled. I have an Ameracauna, Golden Comet, Old English bantam and white bantam silkie, all ladies.

Back
Top Bottom