Undying urge to hatch more eggs...

DH put a limit on how many kids, I can have, I now work at a pre-school.
DH put a limit on how many house pets I can have. I have one. a dog.
DH did NOT put a limit on my chickens....(smiling like the Grinch.)
gri.PNG

Honestly, it's probably an unpopular opinion but I like chicken 'mutts' as much as the fancy ones. Just overall color and personality. But I'm sure that can be said for the fancy ones too! 😁
I must say I am really enjoying our EE's we got this year and I'm interesting in hatching some out next year.

I've seen some gorgeous mix breed chicken photos on here too, and all of our chickens are hatchery stock, so nothing fancy. If we ever do get a flock of something purebred, we are very likely to still have a mix breed flock as well. I really like seeing all the different colored chickens out there! It helps to know who laid what egg too and I really like that 😊

I think it would be neat to have an Ameraucana flock then see what different crosses would produce for egg color. This is where the urge to hatch out eggs would get intense!

Does the urge to constantly put more eggs in the incubator ever go away? Honestly this must be how broody hens feel. As soon as it got warm out it's like all I've wanted to do is hatch more chickens/ducks/etc 😂. I swear if I had more room I'd probably have like 5 incubators going. It's so addicting. Anyone have this problem? 😅

We have forty-something hens and pullets, most pullets are POL already... then my wife bought three silkie chicks and ten (I think ten) turkeys. Plus she just put 18 eggs from our Auracanas into the incubator along with two eggs from our lone white leghorn. She promised a friend from church that she'd hatch some of our Lavenders for her. The lady wanted 5 or 6. Soooo....

Lucky we have enough land, enough fencing, enough lumber to build coops and pens and chicken tractors... and God blessed us with folks who buy enough eggs to keep the feed bill paid for.

I haven’t ever hatched eggs... but I have an undying urge to buy an incubator...
I too want to get an incubator. My girls aren't even laying yet! Lol I know that there is an incubator coming in the future. I will use this time to research the best incubator for my needs. If any of you have a favorite incubator or tips for getting a high hatch rate,please let me know.

Hey it is sure addiction as I'm In buy and sell.livestick however I always sell chicks and ducklings and still sell same as prior to covid I have 5 incubators of my own that a friend and I fill them and I also use hatchery, how can u not be addicted to chicks and ducklings, I hatch peacock eggs as well or my burben red turkeys do it for me lol but, I feel it's a addiction as well but always end up with some broody hens and then the egg production slows down I was same way couldn't wait for hatchery to open the owner must thought I was a pain in the butt as I kept emailing him, friend and I did to hatches as we sell fertile eggs so end of Jan we did a hatch, then end of Feb that was a good hatch so now we know our eggs most should be fertile

Back
Top Bottom