Undying urge to hatch more eggs...

Oh no, absolutely. This was a joke. I would never hatch birds I had no room for or just because.
I found many friends and neighbors who would gladly have taken off my hands any chicks that I hatched. I say this because I had NO intention of ever hatching more than I could care for--and, we can't have roosters, so I had to have a plan for rehoming them (not to slaughter)--and, most of our friends and neighbors even said they'd gladly take them AFTER they were a few months old--if we wanted to keep them--to spare them from having to learn how to rear chicks--which for me/us--was 2nd most favorite part--to incubate thru hatch, then have chicks! I was surprised too, how when we did share 2 out of 9 with one family/friends--that I was actually not as sad about having to part with them--not that I wouldn't have kept them, gladly--but, that there was an unexpected side effect of feeling like I was supporting my community and helping out friends--because of course I also shared everything that I've learned about incubating, hatching AND raising chickens (they actually already had 3 but wanted 2 more, so I put on more eggs). Anyway, I think that this is wonderful that you have the desire to incubate non-stop--incubating, for me, has been a life-changing experience, and the most that I've learned so much about something "new" since I graduated college (several decades ago). Plus, now I spread all kinds of educational info to anyone who will listen, so I'm an eggcited embassador of chickens.

Back
Top Bottom