Unemployment Benefits

Did I hear wrong? I thought I heard Obama say that he wanted the federal minimum wage to go to $10 an hour. I don't hear real well anymore, but if that is true, there will be a stampede across the border.

Some may get a raise out of that, but a lot more will be getting a pink slip.

Did I hear wrong? I thought I heard Obama say that he wanted the federal minimum wage to go to $10 an hour. I don't hear real well anymore, but if that is true, there will be a stampede across the border.

Some may get a raise out of that, but a lot more will be getting a pink slip.

if that's true many of my co workers will get a pay raise to 10 bucks and that's it if you make 5 cents over same pay as before, at least that'/s what happened last time....

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/02/obamas-minimum-wage-gamble/273133/

Yep, I heard it wrong. I have got to get a hearing aid; I mis understand about half of what I do hear.

I wonder where he thinks that extra money is coming from?

He only put it out there for politics, he knows it wont pass. If the Republicans in the House were smart they would pass a bill tomorrow making the minimum wage $9.00 an hour. Then the Democrats would poop their pants because they would have to stop it in the Senate.

Well, when he makes all of the undocumented people legal, they are not going to be satisfied with just $9 an hour. They are going to want the full union scale. This will push up the cost of everything.

I guess all of those rich sob's in Sun City are going to have to start doing their own house cleaning and yard work.

This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but I couldn't help myself. I had to post it.

Back
Top Bottom