Unexpected “Natural” Death *Necropsy Pics*

Well thank you.

This may be gross sounding, but if you could look at an unaffected, unsick bird (necropsy a healthy bird), it would give you great beginning knowledge knowing what is normal.

I am considering butchering cockerels in a future batch of chicks rather than selling them just to simplify things and ease into keeping chickens for meat as well as eggs, so if I do I'll definitely do a necropsy on at least one.

I am considering butchering cockerels in a future batch of chicks rather than selling them just to simplify things and ease into keeping chickens for meat as well as eggs, so if I do I'll definitely do a necropsy on at least one.
I guess that’s where I first saw what was “normal.” Except you don’t get to see the female reproductive system, just the cockerels big ol balls. :lau:lau

Woah, that's incredibly extensive. Thank you for such detailed images.

Hello and so sorry for your loss. I just wanted to say how intrigued I was with your necropsy report. I would love to be able to do this (when time comes) with such grace as you long time chicken owners.

I wanted to be a vet eons ago and love the biological part of it, I suppose. And I guess I think there may be others out there who are a bit strange like me. Er, uh, those interested in what lies underneath.;)

I wanted to be a vet eons ago and love the biological part of it, I suppose. And I guess I think there may be others out there who are a bit strange like me. Er, uh, those interested in what lies underneath.;)
Hey, you're not the only one. (I'm definitely not childish enough to pull the tendons on chicken legs when butchering—and then giggle about it. :oops:)

I have always been interested in veterinary, but more the assistant side of it. I just think it's nice that you can at least get some idea what happened.

Back
Top Bottom